Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo
    replied
    Even match pair ram will *not* work perfectly in every MB. Most if not all DDR2 I read about needs voltage boosting to get them running correctly and stable. BIOS updates fix a lot of compatibility issues with different makes of DDR2.

For Intel systems, memory speeds have little effect with over all system performance unless you run memory bench-tests all day long. So I doubt Interleaved and Non-Interleaved are going to have a BIG impact on performance when Disks are in the milliseconds.

It's great that you are getting that performance level with Speed Encoder!

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    That's why I usually end up with 4GB (4 x 1GB)...

Boards tend to be tempermental about RAM placement. RAM is unfortunately not as simple as we're all led to believe.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Originally I had 1GB sticks in slots 0 and 2 (interleaved), Edius worked fine, but Speed Encoder crashed miserably. Sometimes taking Edius down with it.

Same RAM in slots 0 and 1 is the only change, never a single stick.

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    RAM interleaving requires RAM banks be paired.
    This is in addition to any pairing of sticks in order to achieve the proper bit-width.

Essentially, you need an even number of populated banks. If you don't, then it'll work quite slowly, if it works at all.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    started a topic Nice things about Speed Encoder

Nice things about Speed Encoder

Okay,

I've said some rather, well, not so great things about Speed Encoder in the past, but maybe I will eat my hat while I remove my foot from my proverbial mouth.

Yesterday I changed my RAM from interleaved to non-interleaved and in initial tests things seem to be okay! HDV projects render to .mt2 faster than RT!

Anybody else experimented with interleaved RAM?

Rusty
Working...
X