X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by kwshaw1 View Post
    Is that something which gets set in Photoshop or Edius, and where exactly is the setting found?

Edius doesn't turn it on Ind off. If there is a alpha channel it till be transparent if not it won't be. :)

It only reads it.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    It is a setting that is in Photoshop. When you save the photo in PS, it is one of the small boxes that come up in the save dialog. I think it is in the middle of the box. I know it comes up in psd, tiff and other file types.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    32bit tga is the most used standard for logos and stills and has no impact on realtime performance at all

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by skier-hughes View Post
    Went back and checked all the tiff settings........ There is a box to tick to preserve transaprency information, it wasn't ticked.
    Is that something which gets set in Photoshop or Edius, and where exactly is the setting found?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by skier-hughes View Post
    Ok, I saved it as a psd and that works fine.

Went back and checked all the tiff settings........ There is a box to tick to preserve transaprency information, it wasn't ticked.

I'm back to work again :)

Graham
    You can also use .png for transparency.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Ok, I saved it as a psd and that works fine.

I'm back to work again :)

Graham

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Should work fine. Does the TIFF have multiple layers, or perhaps was it saved 24-bit and not 32-bit?

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    started a topic Setting alpha channel transparency

Setting alpha channel transparency

I feel this should be easy.

I have a .tiff company logo, with a transparent background, made in PS.
    I need to place it into my video, keeping the transparent background so you can see the video underneath.
    Then I need to add some extra simple text titles.

I can't get Edius to show (or not show) the transparency.
    I have VA2 logo
    VA1 video
    title will go in title track.

In premiere I used to r/click the video track and choose transparency>alpha channel.

I can't find any way of doing this by clicking on the video track, the box to the left of it or the still.

I've looked in my manual at transparency and alpha channel, but it doesn't help.
    I've F1'd and read what it says about alpha, but it doesn't help.
    I've searched the topics for alpha and transparency, but they don't help, though I'm sure I read one a ferw days ago about this.

Graham
Working...
X