CF cards files in Edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF cards files in Edius

Has anyone used the Focus FS-H200 CF card recorder with Edius?...I am looking at buying one , but cant seem to find enough on how the captured video behaves in Edius.......any help would be well accepted

I am in the same position Alade
    I have been looking at these and the Sony unit that has just had a price reduction here in Australia with a $600 difference in favour of the sony
    My reason for holding off is reports on the web of CFcard incompatability with both causing CF card failures and 1 to 2 second drop outs and the small life span of the cards
    The recommended cards for the Focus unit do not seem to be available any more, but later versions are
    One other problem to look at which has steared me away from the Focus is it is not listed as being compatable with my Canon cameras, I have to have a tape in the camera to record so if in sync mode I record to both and this is not what I was after.
    They have an expensive HD unit that supposedly works with the Canons
    So I have been looking at the Sony as it appears I do not need a tape in the camera for sync recording (Unit starts automatically when the record button is pressed)
    So that is where I am at and any input welcome for either of us

So far as compatability with Edius they both record in HDV Mts and standard DV format so that is not an issue
    Regards Barry
    Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
    GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
    Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
    Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

My concern is that I read something about problems with getting these files work in FCP, so I am a bit worried about it with Edius.....The HD versions, I was told by someone is a waste, as with cameras that are roving, there is a lot of errors, which I was expecting to hear sooner or later, as HDs are not that robust to accept so much shock....I was looking at one by shining Tech., but cant seem to find them in any on line stores.....Datavideo has 2 that I am looking at as well, but no one seem to be able to get their hands on them either.

Comment

If you are interested in using CF cards here is a link that maybe informative
        http://techthoughts.org/2008/03/14/c...-test-results/
        GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
        HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
        DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
        Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

Thanks Blast
          Similar info as I have been able to ascertain, It may not be prudent to be at the front of the pack right now
          Thanks Barry
          Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
          GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
          Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
          Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Hi, I just bought a FS-200pro in December 2011 I am using Edius 6.06 with a CF Sandisk 32 GB 60mb/s And I Have no problems using it whith HD footage. The problem is with QT HD files because apple made some changes in QT version 7.7 and SOX lion There is an issue that you can see at http://www.focusinfo.com/dynassets/d...t_10.21.11.pdf

But in win 7 64bit with Edius 6.06 using HD 2MT files It is simply great I am very happy with my purchase

Comment

Working...
            X