X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gray are around 4/3 clip on 16/9 project

I am using edius 4.
    Project is set as 1440x1050, 50i. 16/9
    If I put a sd clip (720x576 4/3) on timeline, the clip is sorrounded by a gray (not black) square that fill the remainig space. How can I have this area complitly black?
    Thank you.
    Alex

First, check the layout tool to make sure black is selected as the filler.
    Then check the filler transparency- if that's set to 50% black will look grey!
    Work: Edius 7.20.437 on HP Z220 workstation; Edius 6.08 on i7 running Win 7 64 bit 6 GB RAM. Neo 2.0 on a Lenovo T61. JVC GY-HD201 and GY-HD110.
    Home: Canon HV20 and Panasonic GH1 (hacked); Neo 3.01 on HP elitebook 8440p i7 and Neo 1 on homemade dualcore desktop.

Comment

The problem is the black settings on layout, as you suggested. If I choose black from the palette it set as R-G-B 16-16-16 bot when exported ad m2t it looks gray (watched with VLC)
      If I set the black rgb to 0-0-0 when exported it look black (fine!). But there is an alert IRE -7,3
      Why?
      Anyway, on edius preview windows it always look black. Even if I reimport in timeline the exported clip. It seems that deep black are loose. Why?

Thank you.
      Alessandro
      Last edited by alessandrobelli; 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

What is your end-product going to be?
        16 16 16 is the lower limit for colour for television generally. If you make a dvd with those black levels, and play it on a television screen, that should look like perfect black.
        Computer monitors are different... but I'm no expert on broadcast standards or the difference in, eg, rgb vs 601 and 701 colour settings, so I'll leave further comment to someone who is!
        I do know it's quite easy to change from rgb to 601 somewhere in the process, and have your black (and white- are you also losing detail in the high-lights?) levels messed up. Has happened to me, and I could never quite pinpoint where!
        Work: Edius 7.20.437 on HP Z220 workstation; Edius 6.08 on i7 running Win 7 64 bit 6 GB RAM. Neo 2.0 on a Lenovo T61. JVC GY-HD201 and GY-HD110.
        Home: Canon HV20 and Panasonic GH1 (hacked); Neo 3.01 on HP elitebook 8440p i7 and Neo 1 on homemade dualcore desktop.

Comment

I have to move the clip back to a tape on a hdv camera (canon HV20)

Comment

Working...
          X