Picture Montages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rando View Post
    Since Imaginate isnt supported anymore what do you guys use for picture montages?
    I use Stage Tools and Imaginate. For a lot of photos I recommend Imaginate due to the ease of applying the movements to the photo.

Also, forget the Wizard and start your own project settings.
    I use 1920x1080 square pixel with alpha channel in case I need a background for vertical images. After that, you can render out a file with alpha included.

It is the preparation of the photo that is important. Reducing or removing the
    'shimmering' video look is the last step before importing into Imaginate.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Imaginate rocks! I still don't understand why that could not have had continued further development. I'm sure that the economics behind creating a niche project is the reason.

I'm finding that a combination of the layout tool and some of the new GPU effects can get a really nice creative result, but the layout tool is not nearly as easy to use as the Imaginate keyframer.

Comment

I cant quite remember but wasnt there a file size limit if rendering ??? 8mb
        in Imaginate
        System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
        Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
        Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Wow I have been doing it wrong for years now:) Well thats why we have threads like these. Imaginate lives a little longer Thanks!
          Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

One more fact re: Imaginate. I believe as you enlarge a picture (straight zoom, crop, rotate, move, whatever), Imaginate interpolates the picture, so that - it seems to me, anyway - there is never any pixelation upon "getting closer". EDIUS layout tool is terrific, but when I move in a great deal, I begin to see pixels (because the picture is already reformatted for SD or HD resolution), and with Imaginate - never a pixel to be seen (Within reason, of course!). Love it still (pun intended).
            Cheers,
            Alan
            Alan J. Levi
            Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

Oh I love Imaginate especially the way it interfaces with Edius. I just wish I could get RT playback now.I use a 1080 project size and I cant get RT performance with my i-7. It makes it hard to see the pace of the video once in Edius.
              Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

I say forget the wizards... they only "tarnish" your own creativity
                john

Comment

I may be mistaken, but I thought when I added an Imaginate sequence to my last HD edit, all I had to do was to render that section, and it played in real time on the timeline. Is dimentia setting in early? Anyway - my editor is not fired up at the moment - so give it a try.
                  Cheers,
                  Alan
                  Alan J. Levi
                  Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

Working...
                  X