Muting audio in a section of video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muting audio in a section of video

I searched through the EDIUS PDF manual - but, I don't see any easy way for me to do this -

I want to mute the audio (not the entire track) of just some sections of the video on the VA track.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Try cutting at both ends and then moving cut portion to a video only track and then move back, the audio track will dissapear, or just adjust the rubber bands at both ends of the cut portion
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

I would simply cut the sections you want muted and then enable only the video sections or if you knew they would never be needed ALT A to delete the audio

Comment

why not just use the audio rubber bands set to 0 for the bits u need muting?

Comment

alt + click audio part of clip (to select audio only) and press 0 (zero) to disable audio.
          Steve
          EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Dave,

Your method is the best. Alt A to delete the audio portion of the clip.

Steve,

I tried your Alt+Click, then 0. If I select one clip using that method, great. Then further down the timeline, I do the same thing to another clip ... and the previous one got enabled again !!! I think it worked like a flip-flop switch :-).

Thanks, everybody for the responses.
            TingSern
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by mattie View Post
              why not just use the audio rubber bands set to 0 for the bits u need muting?
              Takes longer - suppose you have ten-twenty clips to mute......?

Comment

Yes - Dave is right. Too tedius to use the rubber band method. Okay for adjusting the volume of individual clips - but, just for muting, I rather use the "brute force" method - Alt A :-).
                TingSern

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                  Steve,

I tried your Alt+Click, then 0. If I select one clip using that method, great. Then further down the timeline, I do the same thing to another clip ... and the previous one got enabled again !!! I think it worked like a flip-flop switch :-).

Thanks, everybody for the responses.
                  It should work I do this all the time if a previous clip gets enabled again you have not shifted selection. :)
                  But I see you already have a another way of doing what you want enjoy.

Btw If you know you will not need audio of particular clips you can drag them to a V track or disable audio when adding to timeline.
                  Steve
                  A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                  For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Steve,

I understand your method ... have to SHIFT SELECT all the AUDIO clips that I want at one go. But, I don't know that in advance ... I am removing processing audio one clip at a time. Hence, for me, ALT A is the best. Thanks anyway :-). I only require to remove some clip's audio - not all of them.
                    TingSern

Comment

ah an even quicker way then is to only copy video from playback monitor to timeline - simply click the mute audio button and then no audio will transfer across.

Comment

All you guys are forgetting about the little speaker icon right above the timeline. Click that and no audio comes with the video.

Comment

This shows there are many ways to achieve something in EDIUS. :)
                          Steve
                          A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
                            This shows there are many ways to achieve something in EDIUS. :)
                            Sometimes tooooo many ;-)

Comment

Choice is good. :)
                              Steve
                              A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Working...
                              X