Video not "crisp" on 2V1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video not "crisp" on 2V1

Hey folks! - I've noticed that when I have an A/V clip placed in "1VA" it looks as great, but when I put another clip above that in "2V1" as a B-roll, there is a definate drop in video quality - i.e. just not as crisp as it should be. Has anyone else noticed this, or do I perhaps have something that's not set correctly?? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Mark
    Mark

I have not seen that.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

It's quite a subtle change - but definately there!
      Mark

Comment

I have not seen that difference on a broadcast grade monitor.
        How are you monitoring the signal?
        Steve
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Just using a LCD flat panel tv, but I don't think that has any bearing on what I'm seeing because if I move the clip back to the main AV track it looks fine again?????

Thanks!
          Mark
          Mark

Comment

Which Gv board are you using?

Moving a clip between tracks is not suppose to cause any difference. I have never seen this.
            can you post a screen grab of your timeline?

What is your EDIUS version?
            Last edited by SRsupport; 10-04-2009, 02:16 AM.
            Steve
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

How do I do a screen grab?
              Mark

Comment

look for Print Screen button on keyboard, then paste into your image editing software and save as png and then attach to forum

meanwhile, add color bar clip to VA1 and directly above on VA2

open waveform monitor

now turn off VA2 track and on again, do you see any change in wavefrm or vector display?
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

To add to Anton's excellent directions...Alt + Printscreen will copy only the active window. Using Paint that comes with all windows is probably the easiest to use for this. Printscreen for capture and then CTRL V to paste into Paint, then save, hit reply here and upload via the Manage Attachments link below the reply box.

Remember you can also use Difference in Blend Keyers to see if there is any difference between 2 clips.

Comment

Am I the only guy without a "Print Screen" button?? - I have the Edius keyboard (short cuts).

"meanwhile, add color bar clip to VA1 and directly above on VA2 open waveform monitor" - Fogive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you mean Anton?
                    Mark

Comment

Print Screen is on the keyboard as PRT SC normally.

Steve
                      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                        Am I the only guy without a "Print Screen" button?? - I have the Edius keyboard (short cuts).

"meanwhile, add color bar clip to VA1 and directly above on VA2 open waveform monitor" - Fogive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you mean Anton?
                        okay, the print screen button is above insert, home, or page up keys

now, add a color bar clip to VA1
                        now add a color bar clip to VA2
                        now open waveform monitor
                        then turn off VA2 and on again, do you see a difference

you can do the same test with your problem clip
                        Attached Files
                        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Okay - I found the Print Screen - yay! thanks guys!! It's after 12:00 here and I'm going googly-eyed, I'll have to carry this on again tomorrow. Anyway I have the screen image now, so now all I need to know is how to put it into this message?

Thanks again for all your assistance folks and good night!

Mark
                          Mark

Comment

With the waveform vector scope you can measure if there is any difference by turning the track on and off as in the grab Anton provided. I'll bet you that you can't see any difference on the scopes.

Btw what gv hardware are you using?
                            Steve
                            A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                              Okay - I found the Print Screen - yay! thanks guys!! It's after 12:00 here and I'm going googly-eyed, I'll have to carry this on again tomorrow. Anyway I have the screen image now, so now all I need to know is how to put it into this message?

Thanks again for all your assistance folks and good night!

Mark
                              click manage attachments
                              Attached Files
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X