Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Some cell phones (like my Sony Ericsson) have a Record function, which usually records into AMR format, which you can get AMR->WAV conversion utilities for. It works out fairly well, actually. Just keep in mind that some states require that you notify both parties that the conversation is being recorded.

Leave a comment:

• peterC
    replied
    Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
    whats the best way to get good audio from a phone interview. need to insert it in fundraising video where i already have on camera speakers. i know i cant get the audio as good as the subjects with wireless' on them, but whats my options.
    jim
    Jim, if you have an answering machine that has a record conversation feature, you can use that.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
    whats the best way to get good audio from a phone interview. need to insert it in fundraising video where i already have on camera speakers. i know i cant get the audio as good as the subjects with wireless' on them, but whats my options.
    jim
    Jim use a device like this. We found that it produces very good results
    http://www.professionalsound.com/Catalog/ph-tap.htm

Other manufacturers have similar devices.
    Here is another
    http://www.trewaudio.com/store/produ...&cat=48&page=2

Steve
    Last edited by SRsupport; 06-27-2007, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff
    replied
    Telephone circuit bandwidth is limited to 300-3000Hz (sometimes 300-2750Hz) so you can simulate the sound by reducing the audio bandwidth captured on camera by means of suitable audio filters within the editing program, try giving it a rising response - say +6dB - over the 300-300Hz passband.

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Another suggestion :

Depending on time scales, record the conversation at both ends seperately whilst the conversation is taking place on the phone with a microphone set up. Save the recorded file to a flash drive or cd and post to where the editing is taking place.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Suggestion: do the phone interview with VOIP (Skype, etc.) => I guess you should be able to record the conversation directly with your PC.

You probably know that a normal PSTN-line limits for bandwith reasons the transmitted sound frequency range, you're losing the high and low frequency range with a PSTN-line.

Leave a comment:

• jimstamos
    started a topic audio from phone interviews

audio from phone interviews

jim
Working...
X