audio from phone interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio from phone interviews

whats the best way to get good audio from a phone interview. need to insert it in fundraising video where i already have on camera speakers. i know i cant get the audio as good as the subjects with wireless' on them, but whats my options.
    jim

Suggestion: do the phone interview with VOIP (Skype, etc.) => I guess you should be able to record the conversation directly with your PC.

You probably know that a normal PSTN-line limits for bandwith reasons the transmitted sound frequency range, you're losing the high and low frequency range with a PSTN-line.
    Edius 9.52 Pro & 8.53 WG - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

Another suggestion :

Depending on time scales, record the conversation at both ends seperately whilst the conversation is taking place on the phone with a microphone set up. Save the recorded file to a flash drive or cd and post to where the editing is taking place.

Graham
      www.myvideoproblems.com
      Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Comment

Telephone circuit bandwidth is limited to 300-3000Hz (sometimes 300-2750Hz) so you can simulate the sound by reducing the audio bandwidth captured on camera by means of suitable audio filters within the editing program, try giving it a rising response - say +6dB - over the 300-300Hz passband.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
          whats the best way to get good audio from a phone interview. need to insert it in fundraising video where i already have on camera speakers. i know i cant get the audio as good as the subjects with wireless' on them, but whats my options.
          jim
          Jim use a device like this. We found that it produces very good results
          http://www.professionalsound.com/Catalog/ph-tap.htm

Other manufacturers have similar devices.
          Here is another
          http://www.trewaudio.com/store/produ...&cat=48&page=2

Steve
          Last edited by SRsupport; 06-27-2007, 03:06 PM.
          Steve
          EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
            jim
            Jim, if you have an answering machine that has a record conversation feature, you can use that.
            peterC
            ---------------------
            Edius 3 v3.62 beta / DVRexRT cards
            (Please don't throw stones, it works!)
            Edius 9 v3

Comment

Some cell phones (like my Sony Ericsson) have a Record function, which usually records into AMR format, which you can get AMR->WAV conversion utilities for. It works out fairly well, actually. Just keep in mind that some states require that you notify both parties that the conversation is being recorded.

Comment

Working...
              X