Upgraded to Win 7... Edius/AE bridge Magic Bullet Looks problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded to Win 7... Edius/AE bridge Magic Bullet Looks problem

After install of Win7, Magic Bullet Looks won't work within Edius. I get an error message saying my graphics card doesn't meet minimum requirements for Magic Bullet Looks. Edius and Magic bullet worked fine with the same card on Win XP SP3. Has something changed in Win 7 openGL that needs more card than I have??? Is Edius and AE plugins demanding more memory?

I have the latest drivers installed for the card ATI X1300 512 mb .... which isn't really a great card, but worked fine with Edius and XP SP3. Any ideas?

Tom
    Last edited by Alter Ego; 09-30-2009, 09:21 PM.
    Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
    Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Try disabling Windows 7 Aero by right-clicking on the Desktop -> Personalize -> select Windows 7 Basic Theme.

Comment

I tried your suggestion and even tried Windows Classic look. Still get the error message.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

Originally posted by Alter Ego View Post
        After install of Win7, Magic Bullet Looks won't work within Edius. I get an error message saying my graphics card doesn't meet minimum requirements for Magic Bullet Looks. Edius and Magic bullet worked fine with the same card on Win XP SP3. Has something changed in Win 7 openGL that needs more card than I have??? Is Edius and AE plugins demanding more memory?

I have the latest drivers installed for the card ATI X1300 512 mb .... which isn't really a great card, but worked fine with Edius and XP SP3. Any ideas?

Tom
        2 things to keep in mind.
        1. Windows 7 is NOT officially supported by GV at this point.
        2. The AE Bridge is a BETA module. It is just in testing mode at this point.
        The fact it worked in XP and not in Win 7 should say something about
        drivers and beta software.

You are just jumping the gun on the OS and BETA software.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Windows 7 has a bolt on app called VIRTUAL XP PC

maybe this will be of help - check out the little tour video..

Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

Comment

EDIUS will not function with Virtual XP. (I've tried, and it failed for me)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              2 things to keep in mind.
              1. Windows 7 is NOT officially supported by GV at this point.
              2. The AE Bridge is a BETA module. It is just in testing mode at this point.
              The fact it worked in XP and not in Win 7 should say something about
              drivers and beta software.

You are just jumping the gun on the OS and BETA software.

Yes I am aware of this. At worst I'll just roll back. It's just a matter of unplugging the hard drive and inserting the old one. My wife surprised me with a copy of Win 7 Ultimate and was itching to try it out... I was just hoping to get lucky with Win 7. Thought someone might have a work around for this...

It may be that I really do need a better video card....

Comment

Originally posted by Alter Ego View Post
                It may be that I really do need a better video card....
                Yep... This is a good idea.
                Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Go with Server 2008 and set it up as a work station..

Steve
                  Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

Working...
                  X