Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Audio output For this project-but there on others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Audio output For this project-but there on others.

I have a project in Edius 5.11 that has no audio output when I opened it today. Last night it had Audio output. Other projects that I created before and since have audio output. None of the tracks have audio mute and the Audio Mixer has right levels moving up and down as normal, indicating that there is an audio output. This has happened before and it "fixed itself" but I can't wait that long now.
    Any suggestions on how to fix it.
    Many Thanks.
    Ian

do you have an editing card with Edius or OHCI only?

if editing card, be sure the project setting is in hardware mode

if OHCI only, make sure windows audio mixer volumes are all up, also, in control panel, make sure your audio card is selected as the default device in sounds and audio devices
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi Anton,
      I have HD Spark, But the funny (If I can manage a laugh) thing is if I load other projects, they play the audio fine. It is just this one project, so far, that will not output audio. All the projects are using the same default settings. I made one project after the faulty one and it is OK.
      I cannot see any difference in the projects.
      I will create another one and see how that goes.
      I may have to transfer the sequences (2) to a new project and see it that has audio.
      Ian

Comment

go to settings, project settings and make sure the hardware setting is selected, if not, select it and it should work again
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I have checked the hardware settings for the project prior to posting this thread and they are set to the HD Spark (HSX-E1) which I have installed. That is what I thought that they should be.
          Upon re-checking the working projects (for the upteenth time!) I did notice that the were Generic OHCI.
          When I change it to Generic OHCI HD I get the sound back.
          However In Generic I have of course no HDMI output. In HSX-E1 setting I have the video but no sound.
          I am using the RCA output of the Spark and I have tried 2 ch and 8 ch audio out options in Hardware.
          So I can live for the moment with no HDMI with Audio out. At least I have the sound back in Generic.
          Many thanks for the tip, Anton.
          Any thoughts on the HDMI with audio?

Comment

I don't have a spark so I can only guess, but I am sure someone will have an answer

what are the RCA outputs of the spark connected to? amplifier? etc?

btw, sound should also be part of the HDMI signal
            Anton Strauss

Comment

also, what are your settings compared to the attached
              Attached Files
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Don't dismiss accidental audio mapping ..........

Comment

Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
                  Don't dismiss accidental audio mapping ..........
                  yes, the famous little "a" on the left of timeline
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

My settings are the same as your and the "a" is on plus the Audio mixer says that the levels are OK.
                    Ian

Comment

can I see a screenshot of the project settings window
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Can you check the audio mapping by going to the Sequence Settings and clicking on the audio mapping button. Is the mapping set like this screenshot (you may have only a couple of tracks)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                          what are the RCA outputs of the spark connected to? amplifier? etc?
                          Anton I think you are onto something here....if OHCI setting is working for him then I would think RCA output should also work in HSX-E1 project setting.

Ian can you tell folk what the RCA's from the HDSpark are connected to....or maybe just hook them to a simple speaker setup for a test....if still no sound then maybe an internal connection problem....I am not at the workshop so I do not have a manual in front of me to check if HDSpark has option for internal connection to sound card......if looping back RCA's externaly to the line in on the sound card then could also be a setting in the sound card mixer.

Regards Dave.
                          Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
                          www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Problem Solved:
                            It was the combination of me accidentally changing project settings (or maybe the program did as I dont recall changing it) to the HSX-E1 setting (HD Spark) and that RCA output was not connected to the Amplifier- although it did appear to. I did check the cable earlier but upon re-checking I found the cable was not coonnected in the right way.
                            Many Thanks for all of your suggestions and tips to steer me in the right direction.
                            Ian

Comment

Working...
                            X