Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projected Thoughts
    replied
    Yep...that worked. I had and older version of Quicktime but updated the software. Again....many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Projected Thoughts
    replied
    Will do and let you know how I go.....much appreciated Anton.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Projected Thoughts View Post
    Anton,
    Am very, very new to Edius. In fact 12yr old son is main 'driver' of program, however, I'm the troubleshooter. Have scoured the web on numerous occasions and your name appears as someone who has extensive experience with Edius.

On this current thread concerning still images, I thought I'd take the opportunity to address an issue regarding same, as I'm able to directly address the question to you in the hope you may have an answer.

I'm trying to add still images to the timeline. That process I understand, however, when placed on the VA track and replayed the image does not appear, only a black/blank screen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Edius requires a proper installation of QuickTime Player to display still images, download and install the latest QT player

Leave a comment:

• Projected Thoughts
    replied
    Still image - add to timeline displays blank / black

Anton,
    Am very, very new to Edius. In fact 12yr old son is main 'driver' of program, however, I'm the troubleshooter. Have scoured the web on numerous occasions and your name appears as someone who has extensive experience with Edius.

On this current thread concerning still images, I thought I'd take the opportunity to address an issue regarding same, as I'm able to directly address the question to you in the hope you may have an answer.

I'm trying to add still images to the timeline. That process I understand, however, when placed on the VA track and replayed the image does not appear, only a black/blank screen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I noticed the same on my Vista laptop

no such problem with XP

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    right, thats understandable. One image for example is 1944x2592 or vise versa from a Canon DIGITAL IXUS 55

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Photoshop is pretty smart when it loads images, if there's extra metadata that gives it orientation, it'll use it.

What dimensions are these images? If they "happen" to be resolutions that match video frame resolutions, EDIUS might just assume they're video grabs.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    started a topic Still image rotation wierdness

Still image rotation wierdness

Perhaps I just haven't done enough of these to have picked this up before or maybe it's not normal, here's the problem

I have been given 3,500 still images to go to DVD, most are landscape aspect but some 30 or so are portrait aspect. Unfortunately the ones that are portrait aspect are laid into EDIUS as landscape images, making it incorrect. Strangely when viewing them in Vista folder view they are seen as landscape but if I open them in Photoshop to rotate them , u-oh, they are opened as portrait aspect in Photoshop.
Working...
X