• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I don't know anything that can do to video what Levelator can do to audio
    There are many hardware solutions. When I'm remastering TV ads to DigiBeta, the studio that I go to has a 19" 1U unit made I'm pretty sure by Hewlett Packard. The one that many facilities and Hire companies seem to have adopted in the UK is Legaleyes from eyeheight. http://www.eyeheight.com/v2/frontpage.asp

Originally posted by Steven polanski
    I use my two eyes and 20 years of experience when doing something like this.
    All I will say to that is that I have watched footage on A grade monitors that looked fine and looked no different when the legaliser kicked in - the legalised version did not re-activate the legaliser.

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    Thanks guys for the input.....it seems YUV & Clour Balance filters with safe colour checked are the tools to use....YUV filter does work well with safe colour checked and a little reduction in the Chroma from within the Colour Balance filter if need be.

Thanks again for the advice.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    My preference is toward Rusty's method - tweak for "ideal world" then apply a limit globally for the output medium.

This way you can still produce a DVD or web version that isn't limited to broadcast-safe range.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    You can toss your entire project into one global Sequence. Apply a YUV filter, tick legal colors and export.

Kinda like hitting it with a sledge hammer, but who will know?

Leave a comment:

• JimJulian
    replied
    I work at a TV station in San Francisco.
    Safe Color in YUV works great. Then I like to Color Balance to knock the chroma down if the reds are blooming in the Vectorscope. Engineering is pretty happy after that.
    But true, everyone has slightly differenct standards.

jim

Leave a comment:

• Steven polanski
    replied
    Hey Dave, I use my two eyes and 20 years of experience when doing something like this. I also have an LCD TV for preview as the source of final viewing while I'm editing on the time line. My signature image result is always based on coloures produced during F8 lighting conditions regardless of what I'm doing.
    I also shoot stuff for TV with a one chip cammy and get comments about the broadcast camera that I use, which I don't have.

I sometimes but very rarely check the vector scope but I still consolidate everything by eye and manually.
    Final preview is always my gauge to a successful image.

Broadcasters all have different settings for their colours with their aired footage and programs. Game shows are usually over coloured and could fall out of the legal colour frame.
    It all comes down to marketing the product that you have.

There's a new idea for grass valley. We have the 'old movie' filter why not 'Game Show' filter, 'Documentry filter', 'news' filter etc etc.

Steve

Steve

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I don't know anything that can do to video what Levelator can do to audio

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    started a topic Legalise footage

Legalise footage

Hi Folks any ideas on the following....we often get footage from folk to dub out for TV programming and often the footage is way off when it comes to legal colours has anyone worked out a simple way to bring these levels into line without going through the footage bit by bit and adjusting with the YUV and colour filters....something like a legaliser for the output.

The YUV & Colour filters with the safe colour option ticked are quite good but they do not get all the levels that need tweaking....what are others doing in Edius for this sort of thing.

Regards

Dave.
Working...
X