No Timecode output to tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Timecode output to tape

I may have asked this question before but don't seem to have got to the bottom of it.

I'm using Edius 4.61 and the DVE-X1 card. Everything is fine apart from the fact that even though I set my timecode to 9.58.00.00 to start my programmes I can't export them to tape with that timecode and it always just starts at 00.00.00.00. It's not the machine that I'm outputting to as I've changed machines to one that is always ok when using DV Storm and even that starts at 00.00.00.00.

Does anyone have any suggestions please as everytime I want to output a programme at present we have to transfer it in it's entirety to our other computer!

The timecode of the timeline is usually what is outputted, and I can't think of a way to set it to what you want except to tell you to set a 'black' matte in front of the actual video on the timeline to the length to match the 9.58.00.00 you want... and start the output from that point....using the 'mark in, mark out 'method, as the output will only output from the 'mark in point.

Comment

You are wrong in the project setting (tc preset) you can set the start timecode of your timeline to whatever you want . This is used most often when there are specific instruction by Broadcasters where Colorbar, countdown should start and program.

Also if you had forgot to do this at project level or need to out put at a different start tc you can also do this at seqeunce level Tc preset.
      This way you can differenty seqeunces starting at different TC.

@ OP is the deck set to accept external timecode? Because if it it not the deck will generate it own timecode which if it is a dv deck will almost certain start at 00:00:00 if you not have adjusted it.
      Last edited by SRsupport; 09-23-2009, 02:10 PM.
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but I have the project settings correct in that the timecode does start at 09.58.00.00 with colour bars, clocks etc and then the programme starts at 10.00.00.00. It's getting that to output to tape that is the problem.

And yes my machine is set to record external timecode which is why I changed machines to see if it works.
        Last edited by rallyman2007; 09-23-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Is the setting in EDIUS on the machine with DVE-X1 set to output sequence or original tc?
          Steve
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
            Is the setting in EDIUS on the machine with DVE-X1 set to output sequence or original tc?
            To be honest I wouldn't know where or how to check that. I can tell you that if I click on the sequence settings it tells me the title and the fact that the TC preset is 09.58.00.00 but otherwise I'm not sure what you mean.

Comment

It is in settings/Application settings/Playback.
              I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
                It is in settings/Application settings/Playback.
                Correct and it has to be on sequence timecode for it to output the sequence TC

I am using 5.12 don't know if this was the same in 4.6 :
                When you click the export to tape you get a dialog and the you click next you get a window which says what you use what the control is and what the tc preset is. If the TC preset is correct and you are still getting 00:00:00 at start of export the deck is not accepting the TC from the timeline thus it is not set correctly
                Steve
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

This is what's baffling because all the settings are apparently correct and the DSR 11 that we are using, when connected up to our computer with DV Storm in, will record perfectly, but when connected to the DVE - X1 won't!

Comment

Test:
                    hook the dsr11 to ohci of the computer where the DVE-X1 is installed look if your tc gets exported. If not your settings are incorrect.

BTW did you check the playback settings under application settings?
                    Since you did not know about them that would be the first place to look if it is really set to sequence (timeline tc)
                    Last edited by SRsupport; 09-23-2009, 05:20 PM.
                    Steve
                    A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

I have a NXe. For proper T.C. output from the timeline, I had to use the firewire on my motherboard, and check my Edius project settings under hardware to DVcam, and check my Sony DSR40 for DVcam recording. Everything worked fine.

JohhnyD
                      Edius7, 4790K, 16G, Win7, GTX970ti MatroxLE
                      2nd Sys.,Edius5.51, 2700K, 16G, GTX1060, Win7
                      Atari 400
                      JohnFellersProd

Comment

Rather bizarrely, I changed to the OHCI firewire and now not only do I not get video output but the timeline won't play back properly, stopping every few seconds.

Comment

Can you post a screen grab of your project settings. Because you should get output via ohci to the DSR 11. Unless you have:
                          1 wrong project settings
                          2 there is something seriously wrong with your pc

I can get realtime sd off my laptop system harddrive.
                          Last edited by SRsupport; 09-23-2009, 10:33 PM.
                          Steve
                          A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyD View Post
                            I have a NXe. For proper T.C. output from the timeline, I had to use the firewire on my motherboard, and check my Edius project settings under hardware to DVcam, and check my Sony DSR40 for DVcam recording. Everything worked fine.

JohhnyD
                            correct, the deck needs to be in DVCAM rec mode to accept external TC
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

It is in DVCAM mode - please don't forget that I have no problems whatsover in outputting from my machine with the DV Storm card fitted, just with the DVX-E1. I think that my problems with playback now might stem from the fact that I had to alter my canopus .ini file so that the overlay was correct using the DVX-E1 card. Does anyone at GV have any thoughts on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X