quick time Export problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick time Export problem

I have a client that wants me to upload a video to his site and he then imports it into his Avid NLE for further edit. The original footage is HDV 16x9 1440X1080i. I have been using the following settings in the new exporter in Edius 5.12

Quicktime Exporter plugin
    Enable conversion
    Advanced
    Change video format 640x480
    Letter box side panel (default)
    Crop conversion not checked
    Frame rate current setting
    Field order auto
    Default time code drop frame

When I play it on my computer in QT player it looks 16x9. However, when he imports it into his avid it is squished.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Ronnie
    Last edited by RonnieMartin; 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM.
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Daft question Ronnie, but why export to a non editing size?

Comment

He asked for 640x480 I think it should be 640x360 for 16x9. What he is doing is posting the file on his website after re editing and importing it into his Avid NLE.

The file plays correctly in the QT player..... but gets squished when he imports it. I may have to change the file to a 4x3 with the layout tool in Edius then send it to him. Not really sure how the Avid works.

Thanks so much for your reply.
      Ronnie
      Ronnie Martin
      Kato Video Productions
      main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Surely he would be better to work from a 720 or 1440 file and then downscale.

I dont do enough quicktime to comment on the 16x9 square pixel size but certainly for Flash or wmv I always use square pixel sizes.

Comment

Surely he would be better to work from a 720 or 1440 file and then downscale and you would know you had set a 16x9 flag when saving.

I dont do enough quicktime to comment on the 16x9 square pixel size but certainly for Flash or wmv I always use square pixel sizes.

Comment

I checked with a local editor that edits for Comcast commercials and they use an Avid. They have the same problem when importing QT 16x9 files and run Sorenson squeeze before importing. The results that I get with the new exporter in 5.12 seem to be cleaner than before .... probably just wishful thinking. All in all I am really pleased with 5.12. My only complaint is lack of knowledge on my part with the new exporter. It would be nice if Mike or Pat came up with a training DVD on just the exporter alone to complement Mike's exceptional training DVD on 4.X.

Because of the fact that I am computer and edit challenged, I really appreciate that the interface for Edius has stayed basically the same.

Thanks

Ronnie
            Ronnie Martin
            Kato Video Productions

Comment

Working...
            X