Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What HD cards will work with Edius to monitor HD timeline out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What HD cards will work with Edius to monitor HD timeline out?

And the moron of the week award goes to me. I bought a Black Magic Intensity Pro card to monitor 1280x720 HDV out from the Edius timeline and After Effects..... I thought this card worked with Edius HD.... What was I thinking? Oh well the price was right.

OK what card(s) will work with Edius to monitor the HD timeline out?

BTW I need component out my HD monitor doesn't have HDMI in....
    Last edited by Alter Ego; 09-22-2009, 09:43 PM.
    Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
    Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

HD Storm Plus, or NX

Comment

Originally posted by Alter Ego View Post
      And the moron of the week award goes to me. I bought a Black Magic Intensity Pro card to monitor 1280x720 HDV out from the Edius timeline and After Effects..... I thought this card worked with Edius HD.... What was I thinking? Oh well the price was right.

OK what card(s) will work with Edius to monitor the HD timeline out?

BTW I need component out my HD monitor doesn't have HDMI in....
      You can still use the Photoshop and After Effects out with the Intensity Pro card. Works great!
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Check your motherboard first before you make another expensive mistake. NX has two favours - PCIe and PCI-X. Make sure you buy the right interface for your motherboard.
        TingSern
        --------------------------------------
        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have PCIe. That expensive mistake I wouldn't make lol. I just went brain dead thinking the intensity card worked with Edius. I can use it for AE and PS. It does plugin to Premiere also. As a work around I can output the Edius timeline to a file, and than import it to Premiere to get a look on the monitor.

As cash flow allows I plan to go with a Grass Valley set up in the near future.

Tom
          Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
          Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

I have 2 Edius machines with Sparks HD for my DVCPro HD AVC Intra output to HDMI Monitors. Works Wondermussssss.
            Mule
            EDIUS v5.51 Broadcast - Dual Xeon Supermicro X7DWA-N with E5450 3.0GHz CPU (8 cores)
            4 GB Ram, 1.0 TB Video Raid (2x500). 5 ea 1.0 TB External Video. 2 500 gb Ext, 320 GB OS Drive .. ATI Radeon HD 4350 with 512 Ram XP Pro with SP 3 HD Sparks, VisTitle

Edius 6.52Dual Xeon Asus P5E3 9650 3.0 4G Ram
            Nvidia9800, 500G Raid (2x250) 1TB&500TB Ext Drives

HPX 2000 AVC Intra, HVX 200, HPX 170, AG-AF 100, Canon D5 MKll.....MacBook G4 w/VMWare FCP Edius 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
              HD Storm Plus, or NX
              Hey Pat... Having never had one of the new HD Storm cards.... only the regular Storm card and NX cards ..... what is the difference between the new Storm HD and the NX card? I noticed that your new killer system has the Storm HD card.... what was the reason you chose that card over the NX card?

Just wondering and planning ahead for my next system..

Thanks Pat for all you do for us

Ronnie
              Ronnie Martin
              Kato Video Productions
              main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

The main difference is that I wanted a HDMI output. Actually I was very happy with the NX (other than some audio issues). And this may sound stupid, but I wanted the Storm HD so I could talk a little more intelligently here when people ask about it.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
                  The main difference is that I wanted a HDMI output. Actually I was very happy with the NX (other than some audio issues). And this may sound stupid, but I wanted the Storm HD so I could talk a little more intelligently here when people ask about it.
                  That's funny Pat :)

The real difference is HDMI capture but not so many people really need that with solid state cameras on the move or HDV still being consumed. If the need is there for HDMI capture then it's an easy choice, however having tried them both I can not give any reason why anybody who doesn't need HDMI capture would chose a HDStorm over an NX because with quality component cables there is no difference. The NX still has better analog SD capture than the HDStorm Plus does. The HDStorm has the HQ codec onboard but that's a non feature in reality.
                  AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, AMD Radeon 6800XT, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
                    Hey Pat... Having never had one of the new HD Storm cards.... only the regular Storm card and NX cards ..... what is the difference between the new Storm HD and the NX card? I noticed that your new killer system has the Storm HD card.... what was the reason you chose that card over the NX card?

Just wondering and planning ahead for my next system..

Thanks Pat for all you do for us

Ronnie
                    If you can get the NX at a great price, I don't see any reason
                    not to go that route. The HD storm is a good setup if you need
                    HDMI capture. If you don't need capture at all, hdv or card based,
                    the HD Spark would be your best bet.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...
                    X