• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    Originally posted by skier-hughes View Post
    Ok sorted the last one.

Position cursor on cut point and press 0 (zero)

I've also found pressing zero also cuts the tracks without changing the view.

Now my next problem, which I hope to solve for you all shortly is.........

When I cut out a portion of the video, the last clip no longer is the selected one in the main window.

Say I have V1 in main window, V1 is selected and highlighted.
    I make cuts and chop out the next portion of video, but when I review the video,
    V1 is still highlighted, but V2 is playing in the main window????

I believe this is a bug. I just work around it as I don't think anyone else either notices this or agreems with me.
    Last edited by Martin_Gleeson; 07-08-2007, 01:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jerseymike
    replied
    or enable all the clips on the lower track and dissolve only the top track which looks better.

Leave a comment:

• jerseymike
    replied
    Originally posted by jerseymike View Post
    My problem is that when i gang select multiple clips to global add 1 sec. cross dissolves it defaults to the center of the cut points which causes an undesirable effect, in other words you get 15 frames of black and 15 frames of the dissolve due to the fact that multicam deselects the clip you're cutting from, it's like muting the video track or setting opacity to o%. I need to be able to start on the cut when dissolving to the lower track and end on the cut when dissolving to the top track, essentially adding frames to the beginning and end of the clips on the top track. It also deletes the cut points when applying a transition.
    I found a solution to the dissolve problem. Since there is no way to change the default position of a transition, (will check / add to the wish list) I selected the top video track and lower track and then applied the dissolve to the selected tracks which gives the appropriate amount of overlap needed to avoid the 15 frames of black.

Leave a comment:

• jerseymike
    replied
    i'll give it a try, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by jerseymike View Post
    I'm going to throw a wrench in the works now. Is there an easy way to apply dissolves to certain clips and not others. I'm editing in multicam and cutting up a dance recital and need to dissolve some numbers while others are just fine with cuts only.
    My problem is that when i gang select multiple clips to global add 1 sec. cross dissolves it defaults to the center of the cut points which causes an undesirable effect, in other words you get 15 frames of black and 15 frames of the dissolve due to the fact that multicam deselects the clip you're cutting from, it's like muting the video track or setting opacity to o%. I need to be able to start on the cut when dissolving to the lower track and end on the cut when dissolving to the top track, essentially adding frames to the beginning and end of the clips on the top track.
    After you have finish editing multicam, you want to compress to single track, make sure your "extended clip when applying transition" is check, then highlight all the clips that you want the dissolve and drag a dissolve to it, those that you don't want to dissolve then leave them alone.

Leave a comment:

• jerseymike
    replied
    [quote=skier-hughes;6668]Ok sorted the last one.

When I cut out a portion of the video, the last clip no longer is the selected one in the main window.

The way that works for me is to go to the beginning of the undesirable section hit shift+C, go to the end of the undesirable section hit shift+C, delete that whole chunk, butt the remaining chunk against the previous good clips and the last camera angle you selected should still be selected. This can be done while still in multicam mode.
    Hope that works for ya.

Leave a comment:

• jerseymike
    replied
    I'm going to throw a wrench in the works now. Is there an easy way to apply dissolves to certain clips and not others. I'm editing in multicam and cutting up a dance recital and need to dissolve some numbers while others are just fine with cuts only.
    My problem is that when i gang select multiple clips to global add 1 sec. cross dissolves it defaults to the center of the cut points which causes an undesirable effect, in other words you get 15 frames of black and 15 frames of the dissolve due to the fact that multicam deselects the clip you're cutting from, it's like muting the video track or setting opacity to o%. I need to be able to start on the cut when dissolving to the lower track and end on the cut when dissolving to the top track, essentially adding frames to the beginning and end of the clips on the top track. It also deletes the cut points when applying a transition.
    Last edited by jerseymike; 06-28-2007, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    I haven't tried compressing to single track yet.

If I do that and find a cut is too early, have I then lost the chance to lengthen it by a few frames?
    As long as you leave the original camera tracks intact, you can simply delete the "compressed" track, adjust the cut, then "compress" to a new track again.

It's kind of up to you how you want to manage things. I like to hide the original camera tracks so I can mess with them later. I do want a way to "hide" tracks in the GUI as well, but that could get confusing.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    When you say clicking on the video do you mean the preview in the REC window?

I select the video with the mouse by selecting the monitor of the video I want in the REC window... works every time! :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Thanks all.

I haven't tried compressing to single track yet.

If I do that and find a cut is too early, have I then lost the chance to lengthen it by a few frames?

Graham

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Yes Graham. Brandon just gave the final piece of advice.
    Compressing to a track after "switching" makes it much easier to edit out pieces that you don't want.
    It will make the work flow much easier.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    On your undo request for Multicam mode, there's a feature request for that in the feature request area.

Yes, Multicam mode is for assembling your shot selections. The intent is that you Compress to single track and go back to normal mode for "regular" editing.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Steve,
    Thanks for that.

I thought multi cam was for multi cam editing, but now that I know it is just for quick switching, (rather than full blown editing) then I can work round that, like I have been doing.

I just thought I was missing something.......

well I am and that's edius editing experience.

What I'm doing is editing some school presentations, but there is time between each one where the teams swap over that just needs removing from both cams, rather than switching from one to the other.

Mind you this multi cam and the editing is much quicker and easier than I am used to with my old premiere :)

I've just had an email from a UK distributor, saying they are running a days demoing of 4.5. I think a few hours travelling and a few hours watching experts use edius will do me the world of good... keep me out of your hair for a day as well :)

Ta

Graham
    Last edited by skier-hughes; 06-27-2007, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    "I then come to a bit that needs cutting out of the video, so I stop the video running and hit 0 move to where I want the cut to end, hit 0, delete the video not required"

This is where you mess up, after you hit 0, you will change camera by hitting 1 or 2 on the number pad, NOT "move to where I want the cut to end, hit 0"

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Now, the bit that used to be in the main window is no longer in it from the video prior to the cut section, so I have to go back and re-select it, which isn't really condusive to quick working.

Graham
    But that work flow is also not the intention of multicam.
    So what you wan to do will take some time but is do-able.
    Multicam is a tool for making switching between multiple cameras quicker. Not editing out footage as you want. Once you keep that in mind it will all make sense.
    Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X