Playback thru HDMI with SD timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback thru HDMI with SD timeline?

I am running Edius 5.10 with HDstorm + breakout box.
    I have selected generic OHCI SD NTSC, 720x480 59.94i 4:3 48kHz 2ch for my project settings.
    Everything I have imported is standard 4X3 DV. Everything works fine with editing, exporting and so on.
    Right now I preview on playback videos thru my IEEE 1394 fire hooked to my tv monitor.
    Can I playback thru the HDMI or does that only work for a HD timeline setup?

Yes you can play out SD over HDMI as long as the hooked up lcd is capable of receiving SD over HDMI.
    If the hooked up LCD is not capable of receiving/ displaying SD over HDMI the Hdstorm won't output it because you would not see it anyways.

(A search of the forum would have brought up the answer)
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

You can output SD through HDMI. Just change the project setting to SD output device and it should read fine.
      Documentaries and Art Projects
      Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
      windows 10
      284 gb SSD boot drive
      2 TB work disc
      2TB storage disc
      EDIUS 9.52.6031
      Many external project hard drives

Comment

Not if your LCD does not support sd over HDMI all you will see is nice black.
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

The simple answer is yes.....but not with the OHCI preset you have chosen, you will need to change the project to an HDStorm preset HQX-E1 SD, you can still capture in the HDStorm project via OHCI both SD & HD......having said that it also depends on your monitor and whether or not it can display the SD output or not. You can also use the bay to output component, Y/C or composite SD if needed.
          Finding a good monitor can be frustrating as what works with other sources in both SD & HD over HDMI only seem to work in HD with the GV cards....most folk are finding that HDTV's work best with the GV cards for both HD & SD.

Regards

Dave.
          Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
          www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Thank you everyone I will try more tweaking.
            The monitor I have is a Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP - 24".
            I got the HD timeline to work fine but the SD timeline as I mention above I'm haveing trouble viewing.

Comment

As suggested by Dave, you have to choose HQX-E1. You might also try 720x480 16x9.
              Vista 64 * Asus P6* Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz CPU * 12 gigs Corsair * Nvidia GTX 275 * WD 150 gig 10,000 rpm System drive * (2) Hitachi 750 gig Video drives * (2) WD 1 TB Video drives * HD Spark * Edius 6.02, Imaginate, Adobe AE, Photoshop, Illustrator

Comment

Working...
              X