No Video overlay in Edius 4.61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Video overlay in Edius 4.61

I've mentioned this problem on another thread elsewhere but it still isn't sorted so I hope that by giving it its own thread we might be able to get to the bottom of it.

I recently had to do a clean re-install of Windows XP and all my programmes. Since then I've lost video overlay in my Edius player and recorder windows. I sometimes get it in one of them but usually not the one that I need. Edius is still capturing and exporting ok, it's just that the overlay is not there.

It's been suggested that I change my hardware settings, but there is no option to do that as it's greyed out, and to update my video card drivers, which I've done but there's been no change so far. And incidentally it's the same graphics card as I was using before by the way when it was perfect.

Please help.

Also, Procoder 2 isn't working within Edius either even with the update. It's perfect as a stand-alone package but not as a plug-in. Any suggestions please?

you need to change video overlay settings which can be found in the hardware setting section at the bottom

if it is grayed out, that would mean there is no graphics card in your PC, as a result, it can't be grayed out

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...y-settings.gif
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

What card are you using....is it possible you had some modifications in your canopus.ini file regards the overlay?

Dave.
      Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
      www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

It's a Gigabyte card, NVIDIA 9500 GT series and whether it's possible that the .ini file was modified, I don't know but as everything was newly installed I find it unlikely.

One thing, I'm not too technical and I assume that the Giagabyte Graphics card IS my video card but I do have an installed PCI device which is showing up as having no driver?

Comment

Originally posted by NakedEye View Post
          ....is it possible you had some modifications in your canopus.ini file regards the overlay?

Dave.
          I checked everything and then finally found a readme file which said that I had to make a few changes to the .ini file and eventually - bingo! All's well now!

If anyone from GV reads this - Am I right in thinking that I can't render or use Canopus HQ settings while editing using the DVE - X1 card for capturing and exporting?

Comment

Well I'll be buggered (English slang phrase, nothing offensive!) I've just had to re-install Edius again and for various reasons went back to 4.51, and now my overlay has gone again but this time I've tried everything in the readme file and nothing seems to work! Does anyone have any idea at all please?

Comment

what about the different overlay choices followed by Edius restart
              http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...y-settings.gif
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I think this is a videocard issue, I saw lot's of complains about this card, this is the only nVidia card with so many bad letters from Edius users
                Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Interesting thing about the card as I just saw somewhere else in this forum that someone recommends the 9800GT but definately not the 9500 GT - how interesting! For less than £100 maybe I need to change my system again!

Comment

Originally posted by rallyman2007 View Post
                    I just saw somewhere else in this forum that someone recommends the 9800GT but definitely not the 9500 GT
                    I can report on 2 systems that the 9800 GTX+ work very smooth, much better than my Previous Quadro FX.
                    Not sure about the GT but should be fine.

Comment

Im having similar issues with GeForce 9800 GT...

Im so glad to know I;m not alone w/this problem. I just purchased an nVidea 9800 GT 1GB graphics card and I only get the first frame of the video I have captured on the timeline. I too have followed others suggestions regarding modifying the WMP settings in addition the Canopus.ini settings w/no success. I have a fresh install of Edius 2.53 as of last night. Does anyone have any answers?? Please dont knock me for my use of 2.53, I realize its ancient, but it was stable till i upgraded the video card :-)

Thanks,
                      Eric North
                      [email protected]

Comment

I don't want to knock your version, but you have to know that using one that old, you are bound to run into problems as you upgrade hardware at some point.
                        Last edited by pjsssss; 06-10-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I think that you replaced videocard on a currently working system and your computer overlay shows you one frame only? If this is yhe case- go edit "Canopus.ini" file. Or you may reformat your disk and install Windows and Edius from scratch. Totally up to you.
                          Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

already did that

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I already did what you suggested last night. Wiped my harddrive clean and did a fresh install of XP Professional, and all Edius 2.53 components including their latest patches. Now the problem has occurred.

Here's all the hardware changes I made:

video card: GeForce 9800 GT 1GB
                            processor: AMD Phenom 2 6-core processor
                            ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 motherboard

Comment

It gets very confusing

The title of this post is "No overlay on EDIUS 4.61". Then when I read further down, it became EDIUS 2.53.

I seriously suggest folks don't just add another post of a different element into an existing post. Thanks.
                              TingSern
                              --------------------------------------
                              Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...
                              X