Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aspect change from file properties (Alt+Enter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspect change from file properties (Alt+Enter)

Hi

Is there a way of changing the aspect for muliple files
    with a single function or should i go and change it to every file i've imported,
    by entering the properties of each files and chnage the ratio?

If you know of a good way, please help, because i've got a lot of files
    i want to convert from 4:3 to 16:9 with this function and have to go
    every one of them and change it - If i choose muliple files and make the change- only one file is changed.

Thank you.

I could be mistaken, but I thought this was added in a recent update to EDIUS 5.x ??

(Select multiple clips in the bin, apply mass property changes)

Comment

If in your original 4:3 footage a cirle is displayed as circle and not as oval ==> your footage have the correct PAR
      and if you will change this footage to 16:9

==> this have not to do with change the PAR ==> and the setting in "Clip properties" [Alt] + [Enter]
      ==> this have to do with change the DAR ==> and scale up + crop in the Layouter [F7]

fundamentals for Editing:
      DAR ==> Display Aspect Ratio ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAR_(Display_Aspect_Ratio)
      PAR ==> Pixel aspect ratio ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_aspect_ratio

change the DAR = Display Aspect Ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 ends allways up in one from this:
      • a) black bars on left and right ==> with full original resulution and sharpness
      • b) scale up the footage and crop on top and bottom ==> lost original resulution and sharpness
      • c) from variant a +b the half way = mask with small borders on top and bottom + widened borders on left and right
      • so you need not so many to scale up as in variant a

Individual Layouter [F7] Setting (for 4:3 to 16:9) can you save as customer setting in the effect palette,
      mark all (relevant) clips ==> drag this "customer effect" from effectpallete to the marked clips
      and all clips have in one step the individual Layouter [F7] Setting (scale + crop)
      Last edited by CentralEurope; 09-09-2009, 12:04 AM.
      CentralEurope aka Hans
      voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
      i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
      [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
        I could be mistaken, but I thought this was added in a recent update to EDIUS 5.x ??

(Select multiple clips in the bin, apply mass property changes)
        that is correct, however the bin must be in list view
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

yes, PAR (Pixel aspect ratio) it is one from the four collumns, they can change in one step for all marked clips.....
          (and for beginners with only "Aspect Ratio" without "Pixel" ==> inexactlydenominated )

okay, okay, it is 2,5h behind midnight here in europe,
          but imho this only for to correct a from Edius misinterpreted PAR from the source footage

never for change a correct 4:3 footage to 16:9.......

friendly greetinge from ....CentralEurope
          CentralEurope aka Hans
          voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
          i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
          [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

This anamorphic file is the reason i want to change the ratio

I've created an anamorphic file using mainconcept converter for panasonic
            AVCHD camcorders - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ssnser

The problem is Edius doesn't import it as 16:9, but as 4:3-
            Please try it if you don't agree.

I've tried to import it to Ulead software and it was recognized as 16:9.

Check the file...

DOWNLOAD ANAMORPHIC FILE
            Last edited by dvdangor; 09-09-2009, 06:23 AM.

Comment

I download and look on the clip....

for to correct a from Edius misinterpreted PAR from the (anamorphic) source footage is the way over the "bin"

as KH and Anton wrote, and my picture illustrated

works for all (at this time) marked clips ==> in one step.
              Last edited by CentralEurope; 09-09-2009, 08:53 AM.
              CentralEurope aka Hans

Comment

Yea, you agree.

Originally posted by CentralEurope View Post
                I download and look on the clip....

for to correct a from Edius misinterpreted PAR from the (anamorphic) source footage is the way over the "bin"

as KH and Anton wrote, and my picture illustrated

works for all (at this time) marked clips ==> in one step.
                Still, One must report this issue to GV...

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                  that is correct, however the bin must be in list view

Wow, I totally missed this. And it works for field order as well. Thanks to GV for listening!

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by jaegersing View Post
                    Wow, I totally missed this. And it works for field order as well. Thanks to GV for listening!

Richard
                    and also handy for clip color
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
                    X