This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Magic Intensity

Is anyone using Edius Pro 4xx and this HDMI input/output card to feed an HiDef LCD as an editing monitor?
    Many thanks for any information and views.
    Clive
    Clive Warrington - hobbyist. MB-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (BIOS F10 10/12/2011). 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600K. ATI Radeon 5700 . Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). HL-DT-ST BD-RE [email protected] ATA. 8110 Megabytes Memory. Boot Drive WDC WD1500HLFS-01G6U3 (150.04 GB). 3 x 1T Storage (not raided). AGV Free 2012 anti Virus on C:\ ONLY but excluding Edius 6.06 and Vistitle 1.8. 2 x 24 display + Sharp 24 LED TV for Spark.

Originally posted by clivew View Post
    Is anyone using Edius Pro 4xx and this HDMI input/output card to feed an HiDef LCD as an editing monitor?
    Many thanks for any information and views.
    Clive
    Yes, I am using Edius Pro 4 and the Intensity HDMI output to feed an HD LCD as an editing monitor.

...just not at the same time.

The view I can give you is it would be nice if it worked with Edius, but it's not going to happen.

Comment

EDIUS does not support Black Magic Intensity/Intensity Pro hardware boards at this time.

Comment

I will actually be reviewing the Intensity Pro card for a magazine review later this week or next week. I know I won't get RT output from it within Edius. I will however be testing their online jpeg codec and compare how well it performs compared to the Canopus HQ. I will also be testing how well it works for input and output from within PPro. Should be a fun test. I am anxious to see how well the BM jpeg codec looks and performs compared to Canopus HQ....just for fun.
        Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Taken from here -

What about Edius?

One question we received from all our loyal Grass Valley (Canopus) Edius 4 users is,
          “Will Edius still run with the Blackmagic Design Intensity Card?”
          While Edius does not currently have plug-ins for the Intensity Card, I was able to launch Edius Pro 4.1 just fine.
          No glitches. No problems. No conflict. Even with the Edius NX Card installed, the Intensity remained peaceful letting Edius do its thing.

I also wanted to test if Edius could handle the HDMI footage I captured in Adobe Premiere Pro.
          I opened Edius and imported my HDMI captured file, and Edius played it just fine.
          That means you can keep your Edius and NX card, and still use the Intensity card. That’s a big deal.

TriRyche
          Last edited by TriRyche; 06-29-2007, 12:29 AM.

Comment

GuyGraphics seriously needs to edit that review to be clearer what you can and can't do with that card and Edius running at the same time; i.e., he needs to say specifically that you can't use that card to monitor your Edius timeline while you're editing in Edius
            Harris
            edius pro 8.2, win10 pro x64, i7 5930K @ 4.4 on asus X99-A usb3.1, corsair h100i gtx with noctua fans, 32G gskill ddr4, gtx 980 4G, system 256G samsung ssd 950 pro M.2, swap 128G samsung ssd 850 pro, general use 512G samsung ssd 850 pro, video 4 @ 3T WD red pro in raid 5

Comment

GuyGraphics seriously needs to edit that review to be clearer what you can and can't do with that card and Edius running at the same time; i.e., he needs to say specifically that you can't use that card to monitor your Edius timeline while you're editing in Edius
              I'm not sure why anyone would assume that the Intensity card would give any sort of preview inside of Edius. The question I was answering is: “Will Edius still run with the Blackmagic Design Intensity Card?” This is a question that came up all the time in the old forum when I wrote the review on the Intensity. The reason why many Edius users have asked if the Intensity will work on the same machine with Edius is because Edius will NOT work with the other Decklink cards. If you had a Decklink card in your computer Edius would not even open. That is the question that I answered, seemed pretty clear to me. If it sounded like I was implying that the Intensity would work inside of Edius that was not intended.

Maybe I'll mention in my new review on Edius 4.5 that no BlackMagic cards work inside of Edius (nor do AJA, BlueFish or Matrox cards).

Get some sleep, it's late!!!!

Ashley
              Ashley Guy
              Guy Graphics, Inc.
              Canopus System Integrator
              www.guygraphics.com
              Toll-free: 866-343-9515
              email: [email protected]

Comment

Ashley, thanks for the advice, now I feel rested.

I have sung your praises on various iterations of canopus forums and will continue to do so. You forgot more about video stuff in the time it takes me to type this sentence than I ever knew. I see the distinction you make:

running edius with the card in my system,
                is different than
                being able to use edius with the card.

I guess I just don’t see the big deal of this card with edius if you can’t use it, with edius, to output to an HDMI monitor, when that seems to be 80-90% of the benefit of this card for most folks – I mean how many folks connect their camera to their computer and record live to their computer using the HDMI input?
                Harris
                edius pro 8.2, win10 pro x64, i7 5930K @ 4.4 on asus X99-A usb3.1, corsair h100i gtx with noctua fans, 32G gskill ddr4, gtx 980 4G, system 256G samsung ssd 950 pro M.2, swap 128G samsung ssd 850 pro, general use 512G samsung ssd 850 pro, video 4 @ 3T WD red pro in raid 5

Comment

I guess I just don’t see the big deal of this card with edius if you can’t use it, with edius, to output to an HDMI monitor, when that seems to be 80-90% of the benefit of this card for most folks – I mean how many folks connect their camera to their computer and record live to their computer using the HDMI input?
                  Exactly right! The only reason people care so much about this card is because it has HDMI I/O, and nothing from GV does. We have guys using the Intensity with Premiere to capture and then edit in Edius. Sounds like a lot of work to just get HDMI I/O. This card has been one of our hottest sellers in months though, so there really are a lot of people wanting to capture HDMI. I suspect though that even more people are interested in this card as an HDMI output device.

Ashley
                  www.guygraphics.com
                  Ashley Guy
                  Guy Graphics, Inc.
                  Canopus System Integrator
                  www.guygraphics.com
                  Toll-free: 866-343-9515
                  email: [email protected]

Comment

Exactly right! The only reason people care so much about this card is because it has HDMI I/O, and nothing from GV does.
                    Not quite true. Canopus Japan has this card:

http://www.canopus.co.jp/catalog/hdr...recs_index.php

Comment

....click for overview

....click for merit

....click for specification

....click for hardware requirement

you wish a [translated] link >> call vienna, but ......old Hans *g*
                      Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

HDRECS is not available outside of Japan, nor is it even in the same marketspace as the Intensity board.

As already answered - you can run EDIUS in the same machine that has an Intensity board installed, but you cannot pair the two together for a single workflow.

Comment

Working...
                        X