Disc capture & m2p files...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc capture & m2p files...

Hi all. I have a workaround, but still would love to know why, after we have been so masterfully taught that EDIUS (5.x) is an editor that can edit nearly all types of files, I cannot edit m2p files from an EDIUS disc capture. If I scrub ANYWHERE within a file on the timeline, it is totally out of sync. If I start at the beginning and "run" - it's fine - UNTIL I PAUSE PLAYBACK and then "unpause". Out of sync again - by 1/2 to 2 seconds.

I have checked that all "project settings" against the m2p file settings, and they match. Tried capturing various discs - same problem.

Now I can load the timeline with a captured m2p file, export to HQ - and then load that HQ file onto the timeline - and it's perfect all the way through. Just another time consuming step, but not the end of the world.

I know - as has been wisely reported on this forum - EDIUS is built for HQ. But I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, and why we're told one thing, and it turns out to be another. Curious!

Cheers,
    Alan
    Alan J. Levi
    Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Alan, I have a love hate-hate hate relationship with ripped files. I find problems with well over 50% and usually resort to Analogue capture and then question why I even bothered to rip in the first place. The one I had two days ago would freeze, on scrubbing, would play out of sync, produced green sections when I tried to make an AVI that had also frozen halfway through. The Irony was that not only did the disc play fine (error correction on the player???) but a Prescan on the DVD Duplicator showed no errors. I dont blame Edius but VOBs.

My last job was complicated by it being an NTSC looped Promo, which had been multiplied so that the loop point occured every 75 mins as opposed to 6 and also that the client insisted on PAL discs despite being told that it would play fine on a PAL Player, no idea why the US production company couldn't produce a PAL disc to start off with.....so the Standards converter was fired up and with the addition of some sharpness it all looked OK.....as did my invoice!

I do have a solution, its called Southern Comfort. It eases the pain.

DD

Comment

Dave,

Good suggestion - and couldn't agree more. Southern Comfort is fine. I'll take Stoli and meet you somewhere.

Cheers,
      Alan
      Alan J. Levi
      Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

I had the same problem.
        Changing the 'Don't use PTS' setting in the 'Plug-in settings' fixed it.
        Raja Singh
        Sadha Video
        UK
        1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
        2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
        3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
        Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Brilliant Raja. We all thank you!
          Alan
          Alan J. Levi
          Director

Comment

however, Raja ...... I followed your suggestion, and EDIUS still cannot play back in aud/vid sync an m2p file captured from a DVD. Oh well, forging ahead as planned with HQ conversion. All is well.
            Have a greata weekend,
            Cheers,
            Alan
            Alan J. Levi
            Director

Comment

Working...
            X