Titlemotion PRO install issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titlemotion PRO install issue

I am having a problem installing Titlemtion with Edius 5 on my Vaio Laptop.
    Edius itself installed ok. After the installation, the program asked for a restart which I did. Then I inserted the Titlemotion disc and it asked for the prior version of Titlemotion from Edius 3 or 4 (Edius 5 was an upgrade). I put in my disc from Edius 4 and after doing so, the dialog box opens that installation will begin in a few seconds, then nothing happens at all....
    I even tried using my Edius 3 Titlemotion disc and nothing...I have the dongle installed as well....I am using VISTA ..although I have another Sony Vaio (desktop) using Vista and it worked fine.

Any ideas here? Thank you

I've had a similar problem with a laptop, what I did was to use another optical drive hooked up via firewire for the older discs and left the installation disc in the laptop drive, it appears like its looking for something on the installation disk when you have the old disc in its place and it doesn't know what to do.
    GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
    HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
    DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
    Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

Ok so if I understand you correctly, when the program prompts you to insert the older disc..you leave the Edius 5 disc in the drive in the laptop ...but how do you tell the program at that point to "look" at the optical drive you mentioned..

I have an external DVD drive but it only has USB...do you think that might work?
      Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
      X