No announcement yet.

HELP !- E5.01 stopped running and won't reinstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, as strange as it sounds, when you boot your machine - make sure it's disconnected from any networks (ie. the internet). You want the system to fully load up, and then realise it's offline (so that the Windows Update service will fail).

Provided this is done, and you have removed all previous installation files (including the one Anton mentioned), it should accept the serial numbers as instructed by the installer.

Comment

Popeye,

Do you have an image backup of the partition taken about 2 - 3 weeks before this episode happens? You could try restoring the data from backup and see if it works.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
        Popeye,

Do you have an image backup of the partition taken about 2 - 3 weeks before this episode happens? You could try restoring the data from backup and see if it works.
        Yes. Yes I do. This sounds like a great idea but I don't want to restore the whole partition. What folders should I restore for Edius to come back to life?
        Sail Fast, Live Slow

Comment

That's be a hard question to answer ... if the problem happens to be a registery corruption, then you are better off restoring everything over. You can try just restoring the EDIUS directory (Canopus) and see if it works. If that don't work out, then you restore the entire partition. It will be better than you trying to tear your hairs off wondering why it won't allow you to install.
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...
          X