HELP !- E5.01 stopped running and won't reinstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP !- E5.01 stopped running and won't reinstall

Hi all. Edius has been running great for over 6 months no problem. Which probably explains why I haven't been here in a while;) Yesterday I went to run Edius and it told me my trial had ended. Opps I thought.. I forgot my dongle... but it was there shining it's happy red at me. I've done everything I could (which really consisted of unplugging the dongle and reinserting it :). I changed the HASP version to 5.22 as documented elsewhere --- still no joy. So I decided I'd have to reinstall. Something I loath to do as it inevitibly screws up all my settings and plugins etc.

Oh well. So I do a complete uninstall. then I pop in the Edius disc and start to install. When I put in my serial no. it says "wrong serial number please enter Real Serial No." Well it IS a REAL serial number !!! What can possibly cause this ????

Now I am fortunate that I have another boot partition running the same version of Edius under XP64 which can get me out of a hole but that system has no internet access and I miss my Xp32 install greatly.. Has anyone got any ideas (and please don't suggest I reinstall XP as it is my test system with many many apps installed... would take forever.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick
    Last edited by PopEye; 08-26-2009, 10:34 AM.
    Sail Fast, Live Slow

If you are running an Upgrade from 4.x to 5.x, when it asks for Edius 4.x serial number, the one to use is printed on the Edius 5.x disc sleeve, NOT you're original Edius 4.x serial #.

If this is a 5.x stand alone version please disregard this post :)

Comment

and reinserting it
      always on the same USB port or on different USB Ports ??

USB Ports on the PC box going often miserable with the time....(additional conectors, addition cable)
      USB Ports backside, direct on the MB (without additional conectors, addition cable) better fort test's....
      CentralEurope aka Hans
      voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
      i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
      [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Not another port Hans, it was bright red.

Originally posted by PopEye View Post
        Opps I thought.. I forgot my dongle... but it was there shining it's happy red at me.
        I made the mistake before to bring only Green, I needed Red :)

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.
          It's in the same usb port that has worked for ever.

The only think that changed was I disconected the USB key for a couple of days and was using a digital TV receiver in the same port for a couple of days ????

I prefered the days of activation. Never had a problem with that...... I really need a solution for this as I've a deadline approaching.

In any event why would Edius claim my serial no. was invalid when I tried to reinstall???
          Sail Fast, Live Slow

Comment

it is easy to make a mistake with Edius serial, for example there is no O in the serial, if there is a character that looks like an O, it will be a zero 0
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              it is easy to make a mistake with Edius serial, for example there is no O in the serial, if there is a character that looks like an O, it will be a zero 0
              Yeah this has caught me out on other things but fortunately the zeros in the Edius serial all have a diagonal line through them. Wish it was always so..
              Sail Fast, Live Slow

Comment

make sure you use the correct serial, the one on the dongle

also, was your original install disk V4 or V5? full version or upgrade version?
                Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Yeah I checked the number on the little red tag to make sure it's the same as the 'sticker' .

It's an upgrade. If I remember correctly I put the V5 number in first and then the V4.

I just cannot believe this is happening.... I've entered the number like 10 times. I even got my wife to enter the number...

You know the definition of stupidity... "keep doing the same thing and expecting different results" ....

..but I'm not a newbie... been a user since 1.5......I'm baffeled.... sent my first EVER (in 6 years) support email over this....
                  Sail Fast, Live Slow

Comment

as far as I remember, you need to enter V4 serial first
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

Hi Anton, tried it both ways....
                      Sail Fast, Live Slow

Comment

what if you leave the dongle out during the initial installation?
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                          what if you leave the dongle out during the initial installation?

Good idea...I tried that too......

It makes NO sense.
                          Sail Fast, Live Slow

Comment

hmmm

you may have to delete a few folders first

look in docs and settings/ all users/ application data and delete all canopus
                            look in docs and settings/ login name/ application data and delete all canopus
                            look in program files/common files/canopus
                            use regedit and look in HKCU and HKLM and delete Canopus folders
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

also, search for and delete Pavedius.dll
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X