• May 2007

Originally posted by nitrococuk
    i dont know what it is for and how it works....i wanna learn

Read this thread it may help you.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• nitrococuk
      • Jul 2009

thank you but still can not understand % 100... it would be great if someone explains it with 2, before and and after effect images... i will better understand visually..

Comment

• Rusty
        • May 2007

It's effects will not be easily viewed on a computer, but will be quite appearant on a CRT monitor.
        You may see the effect if you set your pause to Frame, as the fields will be blended together.
        Rusty Rogers | Films
        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

• nitrococuk
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Rusty
          It's effects will not be easily viewed on a computer, but will be quite appearant on a CRT monitor.
          You may see the effect if you set your pause to Frame, as the fields will be blended together.
          mmm...i see .. ok thanks

Comment

• tingsern
            • May 2007

If you use Plasma or LCD TV - forget about flicker - they don't exist. It only seen on conventional CRT TV - because of the refresh of the screen.
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 10 WG, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 11 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema

Comment

• SoundFreak
              Banned
              • Aug 2007

It's meant for removing (edge) flickering, but can also be used as an "effect".
              When you are a bit tired of the super sharp image that most cam's produce these days you could use it to create a warm fuzzy feeling to your footage, it makes it softer (hence warmer) and reacts totally different than motion blur on moving shots.

Again the main effect was meant primary for CRT TV's and works well on graphics that are problematic (edge flickering etc.)

edit: from your system spec's below your post it's not clear what hardware you use, but in case you are software only, use a few different filters on the same clip (repeat same footage with various effects) like Anti Flicker, Motion Blur, Soft Focus and burn this on a DVD-R(W) to see for yourself what it does ..................
              If it would be to difficult to compare this way, try a 4x PiP (split screen) so you can see 4 effects at the same time :)
              Last edited by SoundFreak; 08-26-2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• nitrococuk
                • Jul 2009

ok I think I learnt what anti-flicker really did... it removed the very small points over video and make video softer

Comment

• GrassValley_BH
                  Demystifier/Analogizer
                  • Apr 2007

It blends the two fields.

If you take a project-native resolution image of alternative black and white horizontal lines, you can see what happens as you increase the setting. At full, it blends into a solid frame of gray.

Comment

Working...