video output while capturing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video output while capturing

Since there's a thread regarding audio playback while capturing, I thought I'd ask about video. Is it possible to monitor video on an external HD monitor while capturing? I could do this with previous versions (Edius 3.5/DVStorm2, etc.) but not with Edius 5 (5.12). Am I missing a setting somewhere that allows this or is this not possible anymore? Maybe it has something to do with converting to Canopus HQ as it's captured...? Thanks!

Lee, No Can Do! I hear you though, it would be nice.

For my customers that like that large and live capture preview, I just save a new layout profile called "Capture" and make the left monitor a full screen, single mode Edius monitor window and the right monitor a full screen of the bin with folder view.

After capture and organizing all your media, then switch back to one of your favorite editing layouts.

Everyone that I have setup with this method has been quite happy with it.
    George Dame
    Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
    Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
    Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
    Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
    www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Originally posted by leethomas View Post
      Since there's a thread regarding audio playback while capturing, I thought I'd ask about video. Is it possible to monitor video on an external HD monitor while capturing? I could do this with previous versions (Edius 3.5/DVStorm2, etc.) but not with Edius 5 (5.12). Am I missing a setting somewhere that allows this or is this not possible anymore? Maybe it has something to do with converting to Canopus HQ as it's captured...? Thanks!
      I captured to HQ AVI via firewire, and the component out goes to my HD monitor, so I can see what you are capturing on full HD, is this what you are after?
      I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
        I captured to HQ AVI via firewire, and the component out goes to my HD monitor, so I can see what you are capturing on full HD, is this what you are after?
        Khoi, You have NX, correct? This is not the case with HD Storm or HD Spark.
        George Dame
        Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
        Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
        Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
        Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
        www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Yes I have NX, but I use the component out of the camera to the HD monitor and the firewire out to the NX, I know what I am seeing is not coming out of the NX, it is not capable of output component at the same time it is capturing but this way I can see the original footage on my HD monitor, if this is what he wanted to do, watching his footage on HD monitor while capturing.
          I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Yes, Khoi, that is what I was inquiring about - viewing while capturing. However, if it's not possible (without hooking up another cable like you do), it's not a big deal. I just was used to viewing it previously so thought maybe it was a matter of a setting I was missing. No biggie. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by gdame View Post
              Khoi, You have NX, correct? This is not the case with HD Storm or HD Spark.
              Hey George, I get preview while capturing...with my Intensity Pro. HA!
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...
              X