Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croma key +3D PiP

Hi, Edius lovers.
    I use chroma key on a klip, render it, and import it back to the bin. Then place it on the timline, over a backround, to use a 3D PiP on the same clip .But ther is no alpa chanel longer om the clip, and therfore no background. How to get an alfa canel thro the rendering and back on timeline.

ps.
    is it better to use After effects or Boris for Croma Keys?

Originally posted by BOMBI View Post
    Hi, Edius lovers.
    I use chroma key on a klip, render it, and import it back to the bin. Then place it on the timline, over a backround, to use a 3D PiP on the same clip .But ther is no alpa chanel longer om the clip, and therfore no background. How to get an alfa canel thro the rendering and back on timeline.

ps.
    is it better to use After effects or Boris for Croma Keys?
    Short answer to that is yes. I don't know if you can do your 3d pip first
    with the green screen background and then apply the Chroma Key to the
    clip. You could also apply the key to the green screen and then output the
    file and then import it back into Edius and then apply the 3d pip effect.
    Many workarounds, but After effects and Boris will do the key and motion in
    one shot.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

JUst do a nested sequence. Do the chromakey in one and the 3DPIP in the other. Better yet, use the Layout Tool in place of the 3DPIP if possible

Comment

I have the same problem

Why can I not use 2 keyers one 1 clip?
        I use a chromakey on my clip, and I also need a 3D PIP but it doesn't work.
        The original ( bluescreen ) clip is too large, and here i use the 3D PIP keyer to crop the image.
        I render this clip en import this into a new sequence on track 3V.
        Then I drag the chromakey over the clip. Now my image on track 2V is olso cropped, the same size as the chromakey-effect clip.
        This is not what I need.
        What have i done wrong?

Comment

The keyer track will only except one keyer. It is a limitation of the app. It is easily covered by doing the nested sequence. Do the chromakey in Sequence 2 then bring that sequence into your main sequence and apply the 3DPIP there.

If you only need to scale something you can use the Video Layout instead of 3DPIP and skip the above.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
            The keyer track will only except one keyer. It is a limitation of the app. It is easily covered by doing the nested sequence. Do the chromakey in Sequence 2 then bring that sequence into your main sequence and apply the 3DPIP there.

If you only need to scale something you can use the Video Layout instead of 3DPIP and skip the above.
            Thanks, but it still doesn't work.
            How can I change the background colour from my chromakey effect?
            He makes this black, i need transparant.
            I can't find this setting.

Comment

Originally posted by carpe diem View Post
              in chrome keyer, tick enable rectangle tool

now make the rectangle to fit the chroma key area or smaller and then the outside will be transparent also

also, in layout tool, there is a % of fill that you can change
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Bombi
                There is one other way everyone has forgotten
                Select your clip and set IN/OUT for just the clip
                Export the clip in CanopusHQ and it will appear in the BIN
                On the original on the time line apply your "ChromaKey" and when you have the desired effect select the "Key Display" check box top left of the chromakey box, your clip will now appear Black and white
                Export this clip in CanopusHQ and it will appear in the BIN
                Select this clip and the first one you exported in the BIN by clicking with the shift key
                Right Click and select "Convert ><Alpha Matte"
                Select "Luminance Matte" from the drop down select box
                Select the "Fill Key" that gives you the correct transparency
                Give it a file name and save
                You now have a file with transparent background that can be placed anywhere on the timeline and you can now use another Keyer on this clip
                Regards Barry
                Last edited by Bluetongue; 09-06-2009, 05:27 AM.
                Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Are you also putting the background under the Chromakeyed clip in Sequence 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
                    Bombi
                    There is one other way everyone has forgotten
                    Select your clip and set IN/OUT for just the clip
                    Export the clip in CanopusHQ and it will appear in the BIN
                    On the original on the time line apply your "ChromaKey" and when you have the desired effect select the "Key Display" check box top left of the chromakey box, your clip will now appear Black and white
                    Export this clip in CanopusHQ and it will appear in the BIN
                    Select this clip and the first one you exported in the BIN by clicking with the shift key
                    Right Click and select "Convert ><Alpha Matte"
                    Select "Luminance Matte" from the drop down select box
                    Select the "Fill Key" that gives you the correct transparency
                    Give it a file name and save
                    You now have a file with transparent background that can be placed anywhere on the timeline and you can now use another Keyer on this clip
                    Regards Barry
                    Not forgetting about it but it is such a pain to do I rarely use it for something this simple

Comment

Not forgetting about it but it is such a pain to do I rarely use it for something this simple
                      Yes, wouldn't it be great to export straight from the time line with the alpha transparency attached
                      Regards Barry
                      Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                      GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                      Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                      Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Thanks for your help, but it still doesn't work.
                        My bluescreen is still black and not transparant.
                        I don't know what i have done wrong.
                        I keep trying.

Comment

I keep trying.
                          Your bluescreen will disappear with the keyer. At that point the underlying video should show through.

Do you have a way of posting a section of your 2 files?
                          If so, send me a pm with your links and I will try it for you.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I keep trying.
                            Have you place your footage in v2 and the background in v1? if you havent placed any video clips in v1 definitely it is black coz you have the default setting of background which is black

Comment

Working...
                            X