Exporting from Edius for Neo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting from Edius for Neo

Hi- sorry to post this in advance of any testing! But I have a project I've been working on in Edius 5, which I'd like to finish at home on a laptop with Neo. It's a fairly simple project- no fancy transitions at all- cuts, stills, Quick Titler titles. It's SD- dv files.
    I've transfered the captured avis, titles and stills to files to an external drive. But I'm aware I probably won't be able to open the project file in Neo (version 1). Can Neo open an EDL? An "AAF" (not sure what this is!)
    Any idea what sort of EDL (there appear to be a range of varieties) will work best?
    Unfortunately I don't have the laptop here. I can experiment later in the week- but if there's a problem and it's simply not possible- or the result will be a project that needs to be started again- I won't both dragging the drive home and wasting time on it.
    Cheers-
    Work: Edius 7.20.437 on HP Z220 workstation; Edius 6.08 on i7 running Win 7 64 bit 6 GB RAM. Neo 2.0 on a Lenovo T61. JVC GY-HD201 and GY-HD110.
    Home: Canon HV20 and Panasonic GH1 (hacked); Neo 3.01 on HP elitebook 8440p i7 and Neo 1 on homemade dualcore desktop.

Answering my own question: from the manual, it doesn't look like Neo 1 can import any edl at all- so this idea is a non-starter.
    Hopefully Neo 2 might be able to (I have an upgrade on-order.)
    As a feature request- I'd like the ability in Edius to save a project as a Neo project. It'd need to be able to strip out of it any effects/filters and media types etc that Neo can't handle.
    But it would make both products a little more flexible.
    Work: Edius 7.20.437 on HP Z220 workstation; Edius 6.08 on i7 running Win 7 64 bit 6 GB RAM. Neo 2.0 on a Lenovo T61. JVC GY-HD201 and GY-HD110.
    Home: Canon HV20 and Panasonic GH1 (hacked); Neo 3.01 on HP elitebook 8440p i7 and Neo 1 on homemade dualcore desktop.

Comment

I have open e5 projects in neo 2 happily. I assume e5 projects wont open in Neo 1.

Neo 2 does not have EDL import (or AAF or any of that stuff) but you should not need it.
      EDIUS silver certified trainer.
      Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

I have open e5 projects in neo 2 happily.
        you are sure about this ??
        hmmmm.... a 5.12 project with 3dPiP opened in Neo2 ??
        hmmmm.... a 5.12 project with "time-remapp" opened in Neo2 ??
        hmmmm.... a 5.12 project with "multicam" opened in Neo2 ??

Please can you to explain the exact versionnumbers from both applications
        Edius 5.01 \ 5.1 \ 5.11 \ 5.12 are the project saved
        and opened in Neo 2.0 \ 2.01

saved in Neo2 and opened in Edius5.xx is a other (more logic) story....
        CentralEurope aka Hans
        voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
        i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
        [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Working...
        X