X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • halo_bone
    • May 2009

audio playback while capturing

Hi all,

Did some forum searches and didn't find an answer.

Any option to turn audio off during capture? (so that other programs can be running/playing audio; not turn speakers off)

Just wondering, not finding anything in any setting panels :) .

Tyler
  • GrassValley_BH
    Demystifier/Analogizer
    • Apr 2007

You mean you don't want to hear the audio while capturing? Not that I know of because most times you want to hear the audio.

If you're running in OHCI mode in Vista, it might work to mute the EDIUS application.

Comment

• robo
      • May 2007

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH
      You mean you don't want to hear the audio while capturing? Not that I know of because most times you want to hear the audio.
      I'd rather be doing something a little more productive with my time, I'll be listening to the audio a plenty when I start work on the project
      I don't continually watch the video capturing, why would I want to listen to it? What are you going to do when the days of tape are finally gone and you don't need to download in real time?

robo

Comment

• GrassValley_BH
        Demystifier/Analogizer
        • Apr 2007

Ahh, okay. Funny... people complain when they can't hear the audio during capture too, but maybe it's just because they're afraid it's not there.

Really depends on your hardware. What hardware are you using for capture?

Comment

• Alade
          • May 2007

I like to hear my audio when capturing, because I will know when it is finished, if the tape still has a lot of room left, or if there was something else on the tape that was not completely overwritten......I don't sit down and listen, I do something else, but the change makes me check to see how far I am........know something...cant please people....they complain that they cant see audio levels when capturing, but still don't want to hear the audio......lol

Comment

• GrassValley_KH
            Mr Sparkle
            • Apr 2007

There is no inbuilt function to do this in EDIUS. If you run Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can selectively mute specific applications within the Windows volume mixer.

Comment

• Alade
              • May 2007

Question:....will edius 5 run well on Windows 7

Comment

• GrassValley_KH
                Mr Sparkle
                • Apr 2007

As has been stated several times, no official statement on Windows 7 compatibility has been made at this time.

I would imagine this information to be available closer to the retail release of the OS, on October 22nd, 2009.

Comment

• Alade
                  • May 2007

Thanks....just want to know, think I am tired of XP 32 bit...BTW how about XP 64, does Edius run well on that

Comment

• pjsssss
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by Alade
                    Thanks....just want to know, think I am tired of XP 32 bit...BTW how about XP 64, does Edius run well on that
                    It has been stated here many times, that most think it is best to forget XP64. You can search for several threads.

Comment

• SoundFreak
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2007

@alade
                      If you are really that bored with XP, why don't you get a Vista 64 from one of the online resellers that promise to upgrade you for free to Win7 when it is released.
                      That way you are rid of XP, can play with something new, Use Edius in a new 64 bit OS, which will give you more pleasure :)

ps, just as a unofficial statement, i have not been doing any major projects but Edius 5 has been pretty smooth so far on Win7 RC :)

Comment

• halo_bone
                        • May 2009

sorry for the late reply, and thanks for all the responses.

I just know premiere has an option to turn off the desktop's audio/video while capturing, which I like to use. Both play back on the camera, the program is controlling the VTR, so you know it's working; honestly it's never failed with both desktop playback turned off. It would help out that infamous 'disk too slow' error, too.

Anyway, I'm running xp, I had figured Vista may be able to handle it with it's application mixer, maybe that's the best option :) .

Comment

Working...