multicam question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multicam question

I am VERY new to the 5.12 multicam feature. I have read most of the issues here but honestly I'm still lost - please be kind to me!

I started using this feature in the current project I'm working on. I used 2 cameras, thought HEY lets try it and it worked lovely! (one cam on main line 1 (VA track) and cam 2 on 2nd track (V only)).

When I added a few more video tracks in, the multicam went nuts. I had blank screens. I played around and thought maybe one has to be a VA and one a V - and IT WORKED. I have line 2 a VA and line 3 a V and it's fine.

question - WHY????
    any thoughts? I mean, this is kinda annoying if I had more than one track with audio. Is this one of the bugs?

S.
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It should be no problem using V tracks only. As a workflow, I would copy the audio that you want ot use into A tracks and not have any attached to the video on top. That way you can cut video without cutting the audio (unless of course for some reason you want to do that). What wxactly is your procedure?

Comment

What you're experiencing is not a bug at all...
      Adding tracks below will move the Multicam up.
      Enabling more monitors in the Preview window will reveal the lost tracks.
      The track assignments are noted in the preview windows.
      Last edited by Rusty; 08-12-2009, 05:22 AM. Reason: wrong topic...
      Rusty Rogers | Films
      >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
      >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
      Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Check in the left hand side of the tracks and notice that there is a small C and number for what camera each track is. You can always close the multicam (F8) and then reopen it. Also you can change the number on monitors in the Mode section.

Comment

Working...
        X