Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• witchdoctor
    replied
    I am also interested in up-converting archived DV to HD, recognizing that the best I can hope for is no loss of quality compared to SD. The problem I see with hardware convertors (Miranda, Teranex, etc) is that they input SD SDI rather than SD DV, and generally output HD SDI. I am new to Edius, but I believe that it will accept HD SDI for editing, but can Edius also convert DV to SD SDI for input to a hardware convertor ?

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    I have tons of "stock footage". Some of which I shot personally in the major cities in the US and then some that I purchased. It is all 4X3 SD. I sure hope that there will be some way that I can us it later in my HD projects.

I have been shooting all ny projects in HDV since 06 (Sony Zu1) and I am looking hard at the new HDCAM EX that Sony is about to launch. My main camera in the past was a DSR 500 and I must say that 16x9 footage from that camera looks pretty good on a wide screen monitor.

I guess it will make ,along with my other equipment, a good boat anchor soon.

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    I couldn't agree more. These (sometimes high dollar) solutions are not going to turn SD into HD but they will do a good job making it look much better then just blowing it up.

Mike
    Yep, you can't put something in that is not there already, but it will do a heck of a lot better than using Edius to blow it up, but I just update my PS3 to 1.8 firmware and it upscale SD DVD to 1080P and I must say it does a pretty darn good job.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    I couldn't agree more. These (sometimes high dollar) solutions are not going to turn SD into HD but they will do a good job making it look much better then just blowing it up.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Keep in mind that you can't create detail where none exists in the original source image, so the best you can hope for is to make good SD footage look tolerable when mixed with proper HD footage. If you're hoping to salvage old footage then upsampling may be worth a try, but if you're trying to plan for the future then it's time to sell your SD cameras and upgrade to HD production.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Here is one, http://www.miranda.com/product.php?i=278
    Leitch also have one too, or just google it.

Leave a comment:

• JTE48
    replied
    So there is a hardware up res solution? Do you know what it's called and do you know if it's based on interpolation? I'm in the stock footage business and would like to check it out. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    You can do that but don't expect quality will be the same as NG, they have dedicated hardware for that.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    if the SD footage is 16:9, then simply open it inside a HD project and add a sharpness filter of 20%

if the SD footage is 4:3, then you can pan/scan with layout tool until you have the right look, after all we don't want to cut off heads, then add the sharpness

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    You can use the layout tool for this "F7" you can take SD footage and either crop it or stretch it to fit the screen :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• JTE48
    started a topic Up Res SD to HD

Up Res SD to HD

Is it possible to upres SD footage to HD with Edius 4? I'm seeing footage on National Geographic Channel that I know was shot in SD originally but it's in an HD program. So I'm wondering how they did that. Could it be they are just stretching it? Thanks.
Working...
X