Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a 3D translation effect problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • a 3D translation effect problem

    as you see below i used a 3d effect at the end of clip. but there is still remaining pictures of video behind the black screen at the beginning of the effect. I want to make it fully black...


  • #2
    Reset your overscan to 0 (defaults to 3%) in your initial project settings and see if that does it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
      Reset your overscan to 0 (defaults to 3%) in your initial project settings and see if that does it.
      I can't believe that the overscan default still remains!
      It made sense with my DVRex card under P4, but who knows why it remains.
      With so much going to screens that are other than televisions it's rather silly.
      Rusty Rogers | Films
      >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
      >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

      An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
      Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
        (defaults to 3%)
        I always questioned the purpose of the 3%, any real purpose for that ?

        Comment


        • #5
          The purpose - the overscan area of CRT televisions was that large, that certain transitional effects would look a bit 'off' in terms of alignment with edges/corners of the screen.

          A 45 degree angled page peel, for example.

          In the days of flat panel LCD/Plasma displays, this isn't as nearly as great an issue.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
            The purpose - the overscan area of CRT televisions was that large, that certain transitional effects would look a bit 'off' in terms of alignment with edges/corners of the screen.

            A 45 degree angled page peel, for example.

            In the days of flat panel LCD/Plasma displays, this isn't as nearly as great an issue.
            I agree and understand completely on this one, but with CRT at less than 1% of television sales, maybe it's time to change the default so we can stop answering this question.
            Rusty Rogers | Films
            >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
            >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

            An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
            Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
              certain transitional effects would look a bit 'off' in terms of alignment with edges/corners of the screen.
              Thanks for the info KH, but have to agree with Rusty, times have changed, and therefore should certain default settings of Edius be changed to match the ever evolving present :)

              @Rusty, never stop answering questions, there are always user who can learn from seemingly the most simplest issues, we all tend to forget that long time ago we also have learned this
              Not always (very) important to know (everything) but don't forget, knowledge is power, the good kind of power :)

              Comment


              • #8
                in my case, the default of all new projects is 0%

                edit all presets to 0% and then it will be applied to any new projects
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

                EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                  in my case, the default of all new projects is 0%

                  edit all presets to 0% and then it will be applied to any new projects
                  Practice that already as long as I can remember :)
                  Never really knew what it was for (and now it is too late :()
                  Didn't bother me much as I never play with effect transition, only if absolutely called for, I like things to stay neat & Clean

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    there is another major reason for overscan

                    analogue video has black edges all around to hide the blanking, so if you do a page turn with overscan set to 0%, you will see the black edge as part of the page turn and it will look ugly

                    using 2 or 3% will crop the black edges and give a clean looking page turn on TV sets
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

                    EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                      there is another major reason for overscan

                      analogue video has black edges all around to hide the blanking, so if you do a page turn with overscan set to 0%, you will see the black edge as part of the page turn and it will look ugly

                      using 2 or 3% will crop the black edges and give a clean looking page turn on TV sets
                      Where were you when I started out doing video :)
                      I still remember these "black border" issues when playing the first time with Storm Edit and DVStorm2 card, I always hated that "unwanted" side effect (black borders), no one around to tell me how to get rid of that.
                      I still remember countless phone calls and e-mails to the dealer, finally, now I know, oops, too late, those projects where years ago :)
                      Thanks Anton, never too old to learn the finer things ............

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                        there is another major reason for overscan

                        analogue video has black edges all around to hide the blanking, so if you do a page turn with overscan set to 0%, you will see the black edge as part of the page turn and it will look ugly

                        using 2 or 3% will crop the black edges and give a clean looking page turn on TV sets
                        That's why GPU effects lets you adjust it so that even on an effect which is not full frame you have the ability to get rid of any surplus black. :)
                        Steve
                        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
                          Thanks for the info KH, but have to agree with Rusty, times have changed, and therefore should certain default settings of Edius be changed to match the ever evolving present :)
                          If it were only that simple. But we have to remember that there is actually still a significant amount of markets that have SD CRT displays. Given our now-established relationship with News editing, we're still a bit bound to the 'lowest common denominator.'

                          But at least, once you've set the new default and saved the profile, it stays that way.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X