Upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade question

We emailed edius "[email protected]"n but the email came back as failed to deliver. Can anyone answer these questions?

We have 3 Edius systems, 1 using NX Card that is a broadcast version 4.61 and 2 with storm cards with the professional version 4.61 and would like to upgrade all 3 systems to Edius 5.1. We do mainly corporate work (please check out our web site www.actvp.com). What do you recommend? And can you give us a price quote? Also we would like to stay with window XP.

Tom Tinker

253-926-2440

www.actvp.com
    tdtinker
    3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
    1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
    New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
    Edius 8.5
    www.actvp.com

[email protected] is the correct email.
    Storm does not work with version 5 so you should plan your upgrade carefully.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Hi Tom,

I think that email address is to become a dealer. Here is a link to show upgrades http://desktop.grassvalley.com/produ...s/upgrades.php

It looks like both versions qualify for the upgrade price to 5.0. Here is the address for dealers http://desktop.grassvalley.com/howto...5&show=dealers

Or contact Chris (Grass Valley CP) in sales

Comment

Pat,
        Do you think we should stay with the NX cards, We would have to replace the storm cards.
        Tom
        tdtinker
        3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
        Edius 8.5
        www.actvp.com

Comment

If you don't have the need to switch to HDMI monitors, I absolutely would stay with the NX cards

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
            If you don't have the need to switch to HDMI monitors, I absolutely would stay with the NX cards
            I think we will.
            Thanks
            Tom
            tdtinker
            Edius 8.5
            www.actvp.com

Comment

Actually, Tom, your e-mail came through to the Sales e-mail inbox and I replied to it with the following message:

Tom,

There are two upgrade options available, depending upon which “flavor” of EDIUS v4 you had. Details are listed below.

Product: Upgrade to EDIUS v5 from EDIUS Pro 4.x
              SKU: 656305
              List Price: $399

Product: Upgrade to EDIUS v5 from EDIUS Broadcast 4.x
              SKU: 676303
              List Price: $299

The full, list prices are shown, and these are the prices you would pay of you bought from Grass Valley directly. You can find these upgrades for less through several online resellers, like B&H Photo Video (www.bhphotovideo.com) or Safe Harbor Computers (www.sharbor.com), to name a few.

EDIUS v5.x will run on either Windows XP or Windows Vista. One important thing to note is that with EDIUS v5.0 and above, the DVStorm hardware is no longer supported.

Comment

Working...
              X