• Show
Clear All

• Brookes
    replied
    Thanks. I will go check to see if I can do what you did. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• jerseymike
    replied
    I had the same problem, this is what I did.I just recently had the system built and took a peak inside. Apparently my NX board is directly connected to aux in on my Sound Blaster board.
    I enabled Aux In on the Sound Blaster mixer control and now I get Edius sounds and pc sounds coming out of my speaks which are plugged in to my sound blaster speaker out jack and I didn't notice any audio delay.
    Hope this works for you.

Leave a comment:

• Brookes
    replied
    Yeah, thats what I used to do do with my storm 2 however with my new NX system it has not worked the same. When I go from nx audio out to line in I lose the audio however when I go from the nx out to the speakers it works fine. I seem to be having some kind of audio conflict with the onboard soundcard. Nothing is muted in properties and I have tried line in and out and no go, no matter which input I use. Strange. Any ideas. It is a totally new computer from the ground up also which has given me no clues to the setup before.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    With my Storm2, I run the output from the Storm2 to the onboard soundcards "Line In" then I run from my soundcard to the pro KRK speakers. Works flawlessly and I am able to hear both the audio coming out from Edius (and other Canopus Apps) as well as audio from my PC apps.

Leave a comment:

• Brookes
    replied
    Thanks guys. I think I will run directly to the speakers, I am very happy with the sound quality that way and I have good speakers to listen with.Thanks again. Rob

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    It's technically better to run directly from the EDIUS hardware board to the speakers, since through the soundcard, you introduce a layer of signal degradation (you're at the mercy of your soundcard's quality).

There's also a possible chance of introducing delay. Finally, onboard audio soundcards take up a tiny little amount of CPU away from you. If you have a decent soundcard, disable the onboard motherboard's sound device.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Why do we have to use the sound card after all, just a question. Should I run through the sound card. I seem to get clean audio directly from the card, love to hear your thoughts on this guys.
    People run the 'Canopus audio' (coming from a capture card) through the line in when they either have just one pair of speakers or edit without dedicated audio monitor speakers. Or they have a video monitor without speakers instead of a full blown stereo tv.

Leave a comment:

• Brookes
    replied
    HI guys. yes I have checked all the settings and all seems in good shape. A strange thing is when I go in to audio settings clicking on the speaker in the systems tray I then go into properties and in to the recording function but when I go to look at the line in from there they are all shaded out. I hope that makes sense. I am now running directly from the nx card audio out to the speakers. Do many people do this. Why do we have to use the sound card after all, just a question. Should I run through the sound card. I seem to get clean audio directly from the card, love to hear your thoughts on this guys. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Yeah, what Zorro said - I've seen all kinds of strange quirks when it comes to soundcards and input control - in some cases, if you use a microphone for a quick voiceover job, enabling its input will disable other inputs.

Frustrating to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Did you check the soundcard properties? Maybe your line in is just disabled?

Leave a comment:

• Brookes
    started a topic Audio from NX card question

Audio from NX card question

Hi. with the storm 2 pro card I went audio out from card to line in on sound card and line out to my speaker system. Now with the nx card i am having trouble going from the nx card to the sound card. If I run directly to the speakers from the nx card I am fine. But if I run from the nx card to the sound card in the back of the pc I get nothing. I can run audio out from the pc and other sources, just not the nx card.Any ideas. i have a gigabyte motherboard using realtek hd audio .Could you guys with nx please let me know if you hear you audio this same way. thanks.All help if much appreciated.

regards Rob
Working...
X