Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Def Dramas - Help - how to render for dvd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Def Dramas - Help - how to render for dvd?

Ok please read my post thoroughly as I need to explain my problem to you.

I have figured out how to capture HDV and edit it, and it takes a bit longer to render.. BUT What format should I select to render in?

I burn and author (on pc) with nero 6.5 (later versions of nero I have found to be full of bugs)

When I use DV I export as DV Avi as I have had problems with mpegs from edius.

In HDV there is no avi option.
    The options are

**Mpeg HDV (the only option not available in dv)
    Mpeg 1 (352x288)
    Canopus HQ avi
    Canopus lossless avi
    Dolby Digital ac3
    still img
    pcm wave
    mpeg generic
    wma
    wmv
    hdv speed encoder

All of the above options are available either for dv OR HDV
    but 'mpeg hdv' is the only new one that edius has for HDV only.

Which one should I be selecting to make a dvd?
    Not sure which one I chose but it saved as .m2t and my pc won't recognise it.

I really need to sort out rendering and burning hdv to dvd

HELP!

Do yourself a favor and take some time to do a little research on some of these things. Try doing some searches both here and Google.

Are you sure you want to do to DVD and not Blu Ray? HD usually means Blu Ray while DVD is usually SD (though small amounts of HD can be fit onto a DVD).

Comment

Sky
      It looks like you have jumped in at the deep end, but this may help

It appears as if you are using EDIUS 4 or earlier as your export list has HDV Speed Encoder listed

There should be an entry for "Canopus Procoder Express Wizard", chose this and follow the prompts through and you should come up with an acceptable MPEG file for authoring.
      Also sport yourself to a good Authoring tool like Corel DVD Movie Factory which is simple and easy to follow with its wizard style interface

Better Still upgrade to 5 and you can export to DVD and or Bluray from the timeline and DVD Movie Factory comes with it.
      DVD Movie Factory will also author Blueray

Hope that helps
      Regards Barry
      Last edited by Bluetongue; 07-30-2009, 04:50 AM.
      Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
      GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
      Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
      Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Originally posted by skybrady View Post
        Ok please read my post thoroughly as I need to explain my problem to you.

I have figured out how to capture HDV and edit it, and it takes a bit longer to render.. BUT What format should I select to render in?

I burn and author (on pc) with nero 6.5 (later versions of nero I have found to be full of bugs)

When I use DV I export as DV Avi as I have had problems with mpegs from edius.

In HDV there is no avi option.
        The options are

**Mpeg HDV (the only option not available in dv)
        Mpeg 1 (352x288)
        Canopus HQ avi
        Canopus lossless avi
        Dolby Digital ac3
        still img
        pcm wave
        mpeg generic
        wma
        wmv
        hdv speed encoder

All of the above options are available either for dv OR HDV
        but 'mpeg hdv' is the only new one that edius has for HDV only.

Which one should I be selecting to make a dvd?
        Not sure which one I chose but it saved as .m2t and my pc won't recognise it.

I really need to sort out rendering and burning hdv to dvd

HELP!
        you render in canopos hq avi

Comment

Better Still upgrade to 5 and you can export to DVD and or Bluray from the timeline

Yeah, but you can't do chapters.

Comment

Originally posted by Coleman View Post
            Yeah, but you can't do chapters.
            You can. Just set markers and they will be used as chapters.

Comment

No at this point in time I am not yet doing blueray thanks.. one step at a time.
              All of Perths Wedding Videographers are telling clients they do 'Hi Definition' yet they only offer DVD and not blueray

most of them believe HDV on DVD is higher quality than standard, even though real true HD is blueray

so at this stage I want to master filming HDV for dvd.
              I havn't tried Canopus HQ Avi yet so I will try that.

My Edius does not have 'procoder express wizard' as an option I can choose.. I do not have Edius 5 and don't want to fork out extra cash that I don't need to.

I exported as Mpeg2 and Nero handled that fine for dvd, so I will try the Canopus HQ avi to see if I can use that for pc videos and web videos.. as mpeg2 is dvd only

will keep you updated - am having importing issues though.. when I capture HDV the color is looking limp and not like the color on the camera

Comment

all versions before Edius 5 have Procoder Express

maybe you did not install it?

also, if you have Edius 4.5 or later, you can export to DVD with or without menu from Edius timeline using DVD Creator
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Anton I actually use the latest version of Edius Neo
                  HOWEVER there are never any users in the Edius Neo forum... and Canopus have told me that the only main difference is the fact that Neo doesn't have the audio editor.

So canopus encouraged me to use the main forum for my tech support.. as if you google questions there is no support for Edius besides this actual forum.
                  there are no sites that give you any information about it.

Mpeg worked fine for me for DVD
                  but now the problem I am faced with is

'HOW TO RENDER FOR PC USE / WEB VIDEOS'*******************

when I choose Canopus lossless avi, OR canopus hq avi
                  the video plays very jerky and not smoothly

I want to be able to save the HDV in a format that will play in windows movie maker.. when I select WMV though the files don't play properly.. not like dv ones would

Comment

First, there is no more Canopus so "they" could not have told you anything. Maybe GV...
                    Second, For web or PC wmv should work for you. what are your export settings and what are your project settings?

Comment

I can imagine that tech support directed the op to the forum. These answers are not tech support questions.
                      I think the op should take some time and read up on compression in general.
                      I really hope all of these post find a nice place in the Neo forum, since the are NEO related

Files created with any canopus codec are not for web playback.
                      Web = Flash, quicktime, wmv

Google is your friend:
                      http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...ming-a255.html
                      http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/1/855535

books
                      Podcasting Bible
                      By Steve Mack, Mitch Ratcliffe
                      Last edited by SRsupport; 08-03-2009, 06:10 AM.
                      Steve
                      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

SR when I edit in DV I export as Avi - then I import the avi into movie maker to shrink it for the internet and make it into wmv.

Having it as AVI on my pc means I can watch the video and show clients rather than putting a dvd in.
                        Mpeg2 will not play on my pc.

Now that I am editing in HDV I am faced with confusing options
                        and there is little or no information as to
                        the
                        difference between

a) hdv speedEncoder
                        Canopus Lossless Avi
                        Canopus HQ Avi
                        Mpeg Generic
                        Mpeg 1
                        Mpeg HDV

?? I assume for DVD I should choose Mpeg HDV
                        is this correct?

as for an avi viewable on the pc, i selected WMV and the HDV just plays all blocky and pixelated so something is NOT right

Comment

SR I am feeling a bit frustrated because nobody on CreativeCow knows anything about Edius, and those links you included have no information about these Edius options.

THIS Edius forum is the only place I can find answers.

How come Edius don't list
                          'these are the exporter settings and what they mean'
                          it seems like a major thing to leave out of a manual and nobody is willing to help me

Comment

Originally posted by skybrady View Post
                            SR when I edit in DV I export as Avi - then I import the avi into movie maker to shrink it for the internet and make it into wmv.

Having it as AVI on my pc means I can watch the video and show clients rather than putting a dvd in.
                            Mpeg2 will not play on my pc.

Now that I am editing in HDV I am faced with confusing options
                            and there is little or no information as to
                            the
                            difference between

a) hdv speedEncoder
                            Canopus Lossless Avi
                            Canopus HQ Avi
                            Mpeg Generic
                            Mpeg 1
                            Mpeg HDV

?? I assume for DVD I should choose Mpeg HDV
                            is this correct?

as for an avi viewable on the pc, i selected WMV and the HDV just plays all blocky and pixelated so something is NOT right
                            Canopus HQ is the most common format for HDV editing and storage for future use

are you saying that your Edius can't play Canopus HQ in real time, if so, your computer is way under powered

don't use windows media player to play the HQ files

every PC can play mpeg files, be sure you change the extension of the m2p file to mpg otherwise windows media player can't play the mpeg file

after you export the Canopus HQ, you can use encoders like Tmpeg4 Xpress to create DVD compliant elementary stream files and then author with DVD-Lab Pro

you can also try the generic mpeg exporter as long as you set export size for SD (720x480 NTSC or 720x576 Pal) and not HD

you should also be able to switch your HD project setting to SD and then export to DV avi or DVD mpeg

I am surprised that Edius Neo does not have a DVD Creator, this seems totally silly, I don't have Neo so I can't confirm

so, Canopus HQ Avi and Mpeg Generic are the only ones you would ever need from the list you posted above

I am also surprised why your list does not include options to export to Quick time or windows media, seems lick Neo is an unfinished software
                            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I just checked the spec of Neo and it does have direct from timeline to DVD or Blu-ray authoring

so it should work the same as Edius5
                              http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...vd-burner.html
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X