Best
    Dave
    Thanks Dave.
    Ted Ramasola
    Ramasola Productions Website:
    http://www.ramasolaproductions.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NakedEye View Post
      A recent Presentation Video for Bishopdale Theological College. http://vimeo.com/22550542
      Edited in Edius 6.02 and AE for FX and motion graphics, shot with Sony NX5.

Dave.
      The last two videos posted here were very good, unfortunately when 3rd party programmes are used it is sometimes difficult to sort out which was Edius and which was something else. Personally AE I find too challenging and therefore do not use it. Nevertheless the videos displayed were well done .
      E9 PRO ,Intensity Shuttle capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Comment

• Another Shark Feed Video

Here is another little Shark Feed video I put together from my last dive trip out from Cairns Queensland on the Great Barrier Reef.

It was shot using a Sony HDV A1 video camera in the Amphbico EVO underwater housing. The housing had the CrystaLens 95° Wide Angle Lens on it.

Rendered out a 1440/1080 CBR 15mbps MPEG 2 file and then straight to VIMEO.

http://vimeo.com/23428307
        Win 10 pro, Intel Core i7 8700K, ASRock Z370 Extreme 4, 16 GIGs Corsair Vengeance 3000 Ram, Single SATA drives, Nvidia GTX 560.
        www.flykam.com.au www.wagscapes.com.au

Comment

• @John thanks for the comments...much appreciated, as for AE we are only scratching the surface with it but find it essential for our work...if you have the patience to work through some tutorials you will pickup the basics in no time and then you will be away.

@Wags really enjoyed the feeding frenzy, the A1 footage came up well I thought...they can be a challenging little camera on a busy shoot.

Best
          Dave.
          Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
          www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

• SuperCat

Just finished this few hours ago. Shot mostly with 5D with 7D as b-cam.

Its a commercial for a major fastcraft operator in my country.

SuperCat
            Ted Ramasola

Comment

• Yes your stuff is remarkably consistent. A very workman like production. Was the fast/slow moving shot in the louhge done with the Edius 6 new mask filter? I only hope that you don't have to do 21 versions of the video before you get the OK. In the UK its a nightmare to get anything okay ed. Well done.
              E9 PRO ,Intensity Shuttle capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Comment

• vortigern,

There are a couple of scenes , like the lounge and the wide shot of the dock which is a combination of timelapse still pictures and video, I shot the family and the docking boat with video mode, I masked the edges of the family and docking boat on top of the sequential jpeg photos.

Since I used a dslr, i can switch from photo mode to video mode without removing the camera from the tripod and using the same lens and fov.

The use of time lapse allows me to blur the crowd while keeping the main models in real time motion.

Regarding doing several versions before an OK, -Since I do the storyboards and do the presentation, the client and I know our level of expectations for the outcome.
                However, sometimes it is I who will modify the outcome based on variables that will happen during the shoot. This amount of flexibility is also explained to the client and they also understand this.
                Last edited by tedramasola; 05-21-2011, 05:40 PM.
                Ted Ramasola

Comment

• That's very interesting, its done very well.Thanks for the information.

Comment

• Great Barrier Reef - Between Dive Editing

Hi
                    Here is a short video shot on the Great Barrier Reef out from Cairns on Taka Dive. The dive site is called Steves Bommie. The footage was shot using my Sony FX1 in Amphibico's Phenom underwater housing. For lighting I was using Amphibico's Discovery G3 HID light. No colour correction was used in post nor any filter on the camera. The camera's white balance was set before I got in for the dive. Each dive the HDV mts footage was cut up on my little i5 laptop using EDIUS in between dives. It was overcast and the water vis not the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlWKjZZhSw
                    Win 10 pro, Intel Core i7 8700K, ASRock Z370 Extreme 4, 16 GIGs Corsair Vengeance 3000 Ram, Single SATA drives, Nvidia GTX 560.
                    www.flykam.com.au www.wagscapes.com.au

Comment

• GH2 & Neo 2.5 - Slack Key for a Dragon

I finally made it Na Pohaku O Hauwahine in Kailua, HI. This site is the home of a legendary dragon and is marked by a rare boulder formation. Currently it's a state park curated, maintained, and improved by volunteers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ZfxvzQXc0

The song is a traditional Hawaiian piece called "Wai O Ke Aniani" played in an improvised arrangement inspired by Uncle Ray Kane and Ledward Kaapana.

The main music shot is from a Panny GH2 with the 20mm f1.7 pancake lens. I shot the 1080i 24 mbps creative movie mode. The over the shoulder shot is a Sanyo Xacti HD2000 in 1080i. The other material was captured on a Panasonic TS2 in 720p. Audio is from a Zoom H2 with a Redhead windscreen. Edited in Neo 2.5 on a Thinkpad X200 - I had to render to check fades and cuts, but I was still impressed that I could cut three HD streams and not have to bang my head against the nearest wall. The whole process was rock solid as well, another nice change from my experience with that mud-based NLE.

Fran
                      E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
                      Slack Key in California - www.kaleponi.com
                      Slack Key on YouTube
                      Homebrewed Music Blog

Comment

• Making Tiny People with E6

Click the image to view on Vimeo.

E6 makes this effect possible using native EXCam footage and built-in effects without rendering! Here's how...
                        1) With Color Balance, bump the Chroma to cartoony levels.
                        2) With Mask , add a rectangle that is substantially larger than the frame in the upper portion. (see attachment)
                        Add Smooth Blur to the Inside filter. I have mine set to "21".
                        Pick Soft in the Edge field, be careful not to go too far as the soft edges will overlap from all four sides.
                        Select the rectangle.
                        Ctrl+C to Copy the rectangle.
                        Ctrl+V to Paste the rectangle.
                        Move the new (second) rectangle to the lower position.
                        Pick OK to exit.

That's it!
                        Goodbye After Effects for this look!
                        Attached Files
                        Rusty Rogers | Films
                        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

• Batteries by Strawhouses, new pop promo.

Hi all.

Here is a Youtube link for a pop promo by the band Strawhouses, for their latest release, Batteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1IE6jgwwwE

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

• Hi Dave

We like the finished edit... nice work.

Nice one Rusty... Just downloaded the free Tilt Shift AE plug from ISP... have not yet had time to play with it though.

E6 has some very cool new tools.

Best
                            Dave.
                            Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
                            www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

• Originally posted by NakedEye View Post
                              Hi Dave

We like the finished edit... nice work.

Nice one Rusty... Just downloaded the free Tilt Shift AE plug from ISP... have not yet had time to play with it though.

E6 has some very cool new tools.

Best
                              Dave.
                              Hi Dave.

Thanks for the advice while I was editing it.

Dave.

Comment

• Realrealtime

I just got the 6.03 update and its crazy awesome. Overall performance has improved on my ageing NX board. (must be the firmware update) Anyway, here's a little something I cut in honor of 6.03. The long awaited Christmas present for all us folks who have NX boards, bought E6 in December to take advantage of the upgrade pricing, and are too cheap (nay, frugal) to shell out for the new toys. This is for you, GV! Thank you for being ridiculously awesome. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXOf8Acsmo

Comment

Working...
                                X