X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fran Guidry
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    Hi5 to your wife for holding the iPhone the correct way because 99% hold it the portrait way
    Anton, I passed along your Hi5. I've tried to make her aware of the perils of vertical video and apparently I succeeded (grin).

Fran

Leave a comment:

• Fran Guidry
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Terrific duet Fran. Nicely done.
    Thanks, Rusty. Ledward is in California now just starting his tour. They'll be staying with us when we get home next week and we'll be performing at Harlow's in Sacratomato (or Sackamenna and Herb Caen used to call it) on August 27.

Fran

Leave a comment:

• Fran Guidry
    replied
    Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
    Fran - how beautiful! Sound was great as well. Having had my place on the water in Lahaina, Maui since 1973 - you can bet I loved your shoot. We get over there at least once a year - and now you've transported me there as well. Beautifully done.
    Best,
    Alan
    Thanks, Alan. We haven't been to Maui in years and I miss my friends there, but we're addicted to the windward side of O`ahu. One of these days though ...

Fran

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Fran - do you know what the settings are on your wife's iPhone for capturing that beautiful video. My wife's iPhone video is jerky (electronically - not her hand ! ! !). and EDIUS doesn't like it too well. Your's is quite smooth and looks terrific.
    Thanks,
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran Guidry View Post
    but luckily my wife whipped out her iPhone 6 to catch the canoe that stopped for a free concert.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq23HQy1vnQ

Fran
    Hi5 to your wife for holding the iPhone the correct way because 99% hold it the portrait way

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    I would prefer to have used mics but various issues forced me to plug our guitars in for this slack key guitar duet. Ledward Kaapana is one of the recognized masters of the style, learning from his family in the remote village of Kalapana on the Big Island of Hawaii.

We're playing alongside Ka `Elepulu Stream in Kailua, O`ahu, where the local outrigger canoe clubs practice. I shot two GH4s for different angles but luckily my wife whipped out her iPhone 6 to catch the canoe that stopped for a free concert. Naturally Edius swallowed the various formats with ease.

Fran
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Rusty - you're invited any time! And Lew - my wife and I have been canal-boating the canals of Europe (France, England, Holland, Belgium and Italy) for 25 years (just the 2 of us on our own boat (rented!)), and we're putting a compilation together as well. I make a 2-hour video travelogue of each trip, and will do my best to chop out the best parts of each for the composite. I look forward to seeing yours when I have a spare hour. Sounds gorgeous!
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• LewS
    replied
    Sailing autobiography

Some of you may find this interesting. My friend Eric Forsyth has spent the last fifty years of his life sailing around the world. Recently we put together a video that documents his adventures from his first boat to today. Runs about an hour.

https://vimeo.com/130427361

Archival footage starts out from 8MM and runs through HD. Interesting to see how things have changed over the last fifty years technically. Hope you enjoy it. And for you oldsters out there like me, Eric is on his way right now to Europe on his boat, so another video next year about this latest adventure.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I would prefer to have used mics but various issues forced me to plug our guitars in for this slack key guitar duet. Ledward Kaapana is one of the recognized masters of the style, learning from his family in the remote village of Kalapana on the Big Island of Hawaii.

We're playing alongside Ka `Elepulu Stream in Kailua, O`ahu, where the local outrigger canoe clubs practice. I shot two GH4s for different angles but luckily my wife whipped out her iPhone 6 to catch the canoe that stopped for a free concert. Naturally Edius swallowed the various formats with ease.

Fran
    Terrific duet Fran. Nicely done.
    Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
    Fran - how beautiful! Sound was great as well. Having had my place on the water in Lahaina, Maui since 1973 - you can bet I loved your shoot. We get over there at least once a year - and now you've transported me there as well. Beautifully done.
    Best,
    Alan
    I'm jealous!

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Best,
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• Fran Guidry
    replied
    Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Duet

Fran

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Gotta turn up my hearing aid. Whadjasay?
    A

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    But, there are circles where we are. Granted, that circle is closing.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    There are very few crowds where Jerry and I are considered the young guys. ;-0

Leave a comment:

• John Lewis
    replied
    Sent you pm Al

Dont worry its one for the young guys like Pat and Jerry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X