Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a funny little clip that I amused myself with... It doesn't take much...
    Notice the main couple in the foreground taking it nice and slow, and check out the couple on the left background and everyone else behind them. This was done sooo easy in Edius that I thought I would share it. It just uses the layout tool and a bit of planning...

http://www.vimeo.com/11366737
    Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
    Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alter Ego View Post
      Here is a funny little clip that I amused myself with... It doesn't take much...
      Notice the main couple in the foreground taking it nice and slow, and check out the couple on the left background and everyone else behind them. This was done sooo easy in Edius that I thought I would share it. It just uses the layout tool and a bit of planning...

http://www.vimeo.com/11366737
      Magic tree that makes everything disappear once they get closer ;=) . liked the couple ;=)

Comment

• Originally posted by nitrococuk View Post
        Magic tree that makes everything disappear once they get closer ;=) . liked the couple ;=)
        Maybe there is an under street pedestrian tunnel that everyone is going into by the magic tree? Or could it be a Russian time travel vortex experiment on it's citizens? Hmmm could that be it... Only "The Shadow knows" ;=)
        Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
        Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

I know it looks simple, but after all it was just for training. A generic (opening video) for a venezuelan model. It was all edited on Edius.

http://www.vimeo.com/11771795
          I don't see enough details in your video, you should get highdef cam. (-:::
          I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

• Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
            I don't see enough details in your video, you should get highdef cam. (-:::
            why not if you are ready to pay it for me :) . Actually, i am not a director. I like editing more than shooting. % 90 of what you saw in video was still images featuring my custom made effects. I work on SD. My notebook cant handle HD, it begins to drop frames as soon as I add a few filters on clip, so why should I go for HD ? I am aware of the difference between HD and SD... but what can i do? that's what I've got for now and I must deal with it.

Comment

why not if you are ready to pay it for me :) . Actually, i am not a director. I like editing more than shooting. % 90 of what you saw in video was still images featuring my custom made effects. I work on SD. My notebook cant handle HD, it begins to drop frames as soon as I add a few filters on clip, so why should I go for HD ? I am aware of the difference between HD and SD... but what can i do? that's what I've got for now and I must deal with it.
              I'm just kidding, I should have wrote it like this, not enough "details" if you know what I'm talking about heh heh.
              I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

• http://www.vimeo.com/11918389

short promotional video about my hometown. made with edius and photoshop. sound mixed and re-edited by me in sony acid.

Comment

• "Long Black Veil," inexpensive cams

A friend has been visiting my home studio to track some demos of his music. I put up a Sanyo Xacti HD2000 and a Kodak Zi8 during a session and came up with this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziZD2FBHy2Q

Fran
                  E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
                  Slack Key in California - www.kaleponi.com
                  Slack Key on YouTube
                  Homebrewed Music Blog

Comment

• http://vimeo.com/12035216 :~)
                    A quick preview edit of an upcoming project I shot last Saturday with my EX1 and T2i.
                    Rusty Rogers | Films
                    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

• That was probably the first ever chicken-themed production I've ever seen. Nice job Rusty.
                      David
                      DMS Films, New York

Laptop - Edius 7.42 / Intel Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition Desktop / 3.6GHz/4.0GHZ / 32GB Hyper-X Quad Channel 1600MHz Ram / Nvidia GeForce GTX-880 w/ 8GB of GDDR5 Video Memory / (3) 1TB SATA-3 V-NAND SSD / Windows 8.1 64-bit
                      Desktop - Edius 5.5 / Intel i7 975 Quad Core 3.33GHz / 12GB DDR3 1333MHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX-275 / Vis Title 1.1 / FireCoder-Blu / (2) 27" LCDs / JVC DT-V24L1U (24" 1080p) / Windows Vista 64 - www.EditHD.com

Comment

• My movie trailer

A TRAILER I MADE FOR MY FILM ,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8ATArNEow

Comment

• If it is of any interest to anyone, there was a feature film released last year called Awaydays. The film was edited using Edius 4. Although it was shot and edited at 720p it was upscaled to 2K for the film prints and 1080P for Blu-Ray and HD at the end grade. There are some clips at the film site www.awaydaysthemovie.com The film is on DVD and Blu-Ray and may well be worth the rental charge to see just how good an editing system Edius is. We are close to lock off on our second feature "Powder". For this we are using three sytems based on Edius 5, Thunder, and the full HD MIP system. For what it is worth, the workflow for both features was all we hoped for using Edius. After checking out the other pro NLE systems out there, the balance of speed, multi-formats, codec quality, and ease of use made Edius the perfect choice.

Comment

• Here is a pop promo for a band called Strawhouses for their due to be released single Malaise. It was shot on Sony EX3 with all editing done on Edius 5. Although this was done on one of our Thunder systems, the whole edit could have been done in software only as it was all file based from the EX3. The video is quite simple but there are many video layers and many keyframed edits for the time ramps and other time effects. It took some time to do but at least the monitoring was all real time at full resolution. There was a grade at the end done by re-importing the main sequence back into a new sequence in the project. This was not real time due to the amounts of layers, edits, and key frames in the edit sequence. Just click on the video tab.

www.malaise.tv

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Union Films View Post
                              Just click on the video tab.
                              www.malaise.tv
                              Is this a Quicktime video?
                              It won't open in Firefox and I gave up after 5 min. with Opera and IE.
                              Rusty Rogers | Films
                              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

• Hi Rusty.
                                Yes, it is QT, it's a QT H264 file. You can play it directly through QT using, File, Open URL, with the following URL or download it. Some browsers do not like embeded QT. I did try FLV but the encoder i use for QT H264 MP4 looks much better at lower bit rates, although you still get the QT gamma change, lighter contrast.

http://www.cdduplicator.co.uk/malaise/images/1.mov

Let me know what you think.

David.

Comment

Working...
                                X