• Show
Clear All

• Liverpool TV
    replied
    Layouter, still Edius' killer tool.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Hey Mark, Just watched the Boggs creek video on my 4K set. It appears you were after more textures in this video. Excellent as usual.

Leave a comment:

• Vladiciu
    replied
    Originally posted by mark williams View Post
    Boggs Creek is located off Hwy 129 west of Cleveland, GA in the Chattahoochee National Forest. It is a small watershed that was once a very popular camping area. The USFS closed it to camping as well as portions of the access roadway after tornadoes reeked havoc several years ago. Today Boggs Creek has mostly recovered and is operated as a day-use area. It is a beautiful place that I recently visited several times to make this video. There are very nice rock formations along the creek and in a couple of thousand years the creek will most likely form a slot canyon. Shot in July 2018 using a Panasonic GH5 camera and the following lenses: Panasonic 14-45, 45-175, and Olympus 60mm macro as well as 75-300. Other equipment used was a Benro S-6 tripod, Tascam DR-40 audio recorder and Rhino Slider V1 carbon. Edited with Edius 8 Work Group. Music “Lonely Road” by BlueShades and is used under a license (IVHF14046xxx) purchased from Envato.

https://vimeo.com/283574004

Beautiful I left you a comment now on vimeo, congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    Lovely Mark. Second Pat on your editing.

I have come to really like my GH5's as they produce lovely video and are easy to manage.

Leave a comment:

• mark williams
    replied
    Thanks Pat. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    Love it as always Mark. You do a great job of getting very good background nat sounds that blend perfectly with your music.

Leave a comment:

• mark williams
    replied
    Boggs Creek is located off Hwy 129 west of Cleveland, GA in the Chattahoochee National Forest. It is a small watershed that was once a very popular camping area. The USFS closed it to camping as well as portions of the access roadway after tornadoes reeked havoc several years ago. Today Boggs Creek has mostly recovered and is operated as a day-use area. It is a beautiful place that I recently visited several times to make this video. There are very nice rock formations along the creek and in a couple of thousand years the creek will most likely form a slot canyon. Shot in July 2018 using a Panasonic GH5 camera and the following lenses: Panasonic 14-45, 45-175, and Olympus 60mm macro as well as 75-300. Other equipment used was a Benro S-6 tripod, Tascam DR-40 audio recorder and Rhino Slider V1 carbon. Edited with Edius 8 Work Group. Music “Lonely Road” by BlueShades and is used under a license (IVHF14046xxx) purchased from Envato.

https://vimeo.com/283574004

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Originally posted by szekhely View Post
    good point - I did wonder about that but the vendors had all donated their time and I was harassed into showing something from everyone who turned up.
    Yes, I know this kind of dilemma. The point could be to make those customers clear that going this way nobody wins. Some shots are so short that you can hardly recognize their content at all - and of course you would neither realize nor remember any of the brands/names that are shown. Therefore: fail for everybody. So they might choose: a 30-second-trailer that will not have everything inside, or a longer one that gives the audience time to see everything.

Can you elaborate on the arrangement of shots? I'm interested in what alternative choices I could have made. I do have to re-edit the same footage for a smaller expo they are running later in the year.
    While you did some shots that look really nice, there are others where you seem to have missed attention on one or several of these questions:
    1. How do I notice when my picture is inclined? (And the subquestion: when an inclined picture is called "art"?)
    2. What is the (primary/secondary) subject I want to show - and what else therefore is unnecessary?
    3. How does moving around the camera in 3D space and in relevance to my subjects influences the result as a 2D picture in terms of angles, spaces, perspectives etc.?

I reviewed some of the shots you made and did some marker graphics. For examples 3,4 and 6 I would have moved with the camera a little and by that changed the angle of shooting. This is hard to re-do with only a 2D picture, but hopefully you can see what I mean.

The upload is online until Sunday, Aug 12th, 3 p.m. European summer time:
    https://we.tl/JWp5M1Zrac

Leave a comment:

• szekhely
    replied
    good point - I did wonder about that but the vendors had all donated their time and I was harassed into showing something from everyone who turned up. Can you elaborate on the arrangement of shots? I'm interested in what alternative choices I could have made. I do have to re-edit the same footage for a smaller expo they are running later in the year.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    this is a TVC I filmed & edited to promote a local wedding expo.

https://vimeo.com/267098238
    A nice one. Criticism from my personal point of view (in terms of taste) would be the arrangement of some of the shots, but more than that the edit seems a bit fast-paced for that kind of theme and music. But again: it's only my taste. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• szekhely
    replied
    this is a TVC I filmed & edited to promote a local wedding expo.

https://vimeo.com/267098238

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Thanks Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    The Cinema Suite 3.0 package was very similar to the Canopus Japan Project_55x5 Volumes 1-5....which was provide free. These came out around the release of 5.50.
    55x5.png

Leave a comment:

• mark williams
    replied
    Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    Hello,

I have just uploaded a dance promo video I created for a local dance studio. I wanted to share this with the Edius community as I think it displays how well the Optical Flow feature is working. This feature has been very welcomed by me as it allows more options from source material.

This video was created from 720p60 footage shot at 1/60th shutter speed. A Majority of the clips are slowed down to a range of 25 to 50 with one or two all the way down to 7 ! For the most part it is free of any issues. Amazing to be able to film a show as usual and be able to create this side product from software only. Thanks Grass Valley for adding this capability to Edius

Everything was done with stock Edius outside of two transitions and the logo which was done in After Effects with element 3D. For you old timers, I used some of the "cinema Suite 3.0" effects which are still kickin' on my hard drive.

https://youtu.be/obDFD_7sBNY
    That was pretty cool looking.

Leave a comment:

• Bassman
    replied
    Dance Promotional Video

Hello,

I have just uploaded a dance promo video I created for a local dance studio. I wanted to share this with the Edius community as I think it displays how well the Optical Flow feature is working. This feature has been very welcomed by me as it allows more options from source material.

This video was created from 720p60 footage shot at 1/60th shutter speed. A Majority of the clips are slowed down to a range of 25 to 50 with one or two all the way down to 7 ! For the most part it is free of any issues. Amazing to be able to film a show as usual and be able to create this side product from software only. Thanks Grass Valley for adding this capability to Edius

Everything was done with stock Edius outside of two transitions and the logo which was done in After Effects with element 3D. For you old timers, I used some of the "cinema Suite 3.0" effects which are still kickin' on my hard drive.

https://youtu.be/obDFD_7sBNY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X