Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I animate my logo?

edius 4 Q.
    Im new to this forum so be kind, hehe. my question is, after I import my logo into edius what button do I need to click to trans form it from big to small left to right and so forth? is it the same as an avid (where u need to put a 3d warp efx on it to move it around?).

Place your logo on a video track and apply the 3D-PiP Keyer.

Comment

ok that worked, but now my logo is behind the super bar. it needs to be on top of it, lol. im such a noob.

Comment

If you want your logo to show continuously, place it in the uppermost Timeline track.

Place 3d-PnP in the Keyer track of your logo clip.

The Keyer track of your logo clip (on the timeline) should now be selected, if not select it.

In the Information pallet, the 3d-PnP should be visable, double click to open the 3d-PnP dialog.

If you're new to keyframes, work slowly at first. (things can get fouled up in a hurry) be sure you're at frame #1 to resize and make your global logo placement. You can't use transitions directly with 3d-PnP, but you can use transparancy rubberbands.

From the Information pallet, Right-click and Save as User Preset...

We were all noobs once!

Rusty
        Rusty Rogers | Films
        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by unk50 View Post
          ok that worked, but now my logo is behind the super bar. it needs to be on top of it, lol. im such a noob.
          if your supers are on a title track, then they will always on top of anything on the video track

to avoid that, place the title supers on a video track just below the logo track

now, the supers will be on top of the video and the logo will be on top of the supers (titles)
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

rethinking the title track...

slight digression...

Is it reasonable to suggest that the concept of title track be rethought?

Leave the feature in, for backwards compatibility, but make the the Title Transitions work on any clip on the video tracks? This technically removes the necessity of the title tracks altogether, and has the benefit of maintaining the top down visibility of video tracks that is familiar to most editors (Speed Razor rip).

Why would you want to drop a Title Transition on a graphic clip or even a video clip? For one thing, it is SO much easier to drop a simple left to right slide transition on a clip and then change transisiton length by trimming the edges of it on the timeline, snapping to other relevant keyframes of course.

Title Transitions obviously already recognize an alpha channel, they should should work a treat on any graphic element or full frame video.

While I am dreaming, let's add some new Title Transitions (or just Preset Transitions, or Easy Transitions) while we're at it? How about a nice scale from 0% to 100% transition? Or a transition similar to any of the presets in 3d PiP?

does that sound like a plan?
            Q6600 Quad-Core2 [email protected], Asus P5K-E Wifi MB, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, BFG 7900GTX OC 512MB, Edius NX PCI-E, Edius 4.52, Adobe Production Premium CS3, Windows XP Pro SP2

Comment

This has been brought up before and it is being looked at. The Title Track is still there in 4.5 but who knows after that.

Comment

Originally posted by JPowell View Post
                slight digression...

Is it reasonable to suggest that the concept of title track be rethought?

Leave the feature in, for backwards compatibility, but make the the Title Transitions work on any clip on the video tracks? This technically removes the necessity of the title tracks altogether, and has the benefit of maintaining the top down visibility of video tracks that is familiar to most editors (Speed Razor rip).

Why would you want to drop a Title Transition on a graphic clip or even a video clip? For one thing, it is SO much easier to drop a simple left to right slide transition on a clip and then change transisiton length by trimming the edges of it on the timeline, snapping to other relevant keyframes of course.

Title Transitions obviously already recognize an alpha channel, they should should work a treat on any graphic element or full frame video.

While I am dreaming, let's add some new Title Transitions (or just Preset Transitions, or Easy Transitions) while we're at it? How about a nice scale from 0% to 100% transition? Or a transition similar to any of the presets in 3d PiP?

does that sound like a plan?
                I for one like to keep the title track, most of my title I like to use is just a basic blur fade, so I make it my default, all I have to do is drop the title on the title track and I have a blur fade in and out, don't have to drop any effects to it, very quick for me, if you don't like the title track just delete it, or set your project preference to not open a title track everytime you open a project.
                I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
                  I for one like to keep the title track, most of my title I like to use is just a basic blur fade, so I make it my default, all I have to do is drop the title on the title track and I have a blur fade in and out, don't have to drop any effects to it, very quick for me, if you don't like the title track just delete it, or set your project preference to not open a title track everytime you open a project.
                  Pretty much agree Khoi. The first thing I see getting lost is the Blur FI/O if the title track goes.

Instant alpha, use elsewhere : lots would have to improve (elsewhere) before I see the title track going.
                  peterC
                  ---------------------
                  Edius 3 v3.62 beta / DVRexRT cards
                  (Please don't throw stones, it works!)
                  Edius 9 v3

Comment

So, you guys are saying your main affinity for the title track is that it applies a preset ingoing and outgoing transition when a title is added?

It doesn't seem like a great leap in development for that behavior to apply to title clips dropped on a video track as well.

And then allow the user to drop them on other clips as they wish.

Oh, and add some new ones already. Specifically ones that affect x/y/z rotation and scaling.

Seems like Edius has all this power under the hood already, It's just a question of implementing it differently. I realize that Edius (or more specifically, xplode for edius) can't currently process an animation with a constantly changing alpha channel, but as long as the clip has a single, unchanging alpha (still graphics or video whose alpha is essentially a full frame rectangle) it should be able to do this without too much trouble.

And, by all means, leave the title tracks. As I stated right up front, that has to be done in order not to break compatibility with older projects.

best

jason
                    Q6600 Quad-Core2 [email protected], Asus P5K-E Wifi MB, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, BFG 7900GTX OC 512MB, Edius NX PCI-E, Edius 4.52, Adobe Production Premium CS3, Windows XP Pro SP2

Comment

Working...
                    X