Problem with EDIUS 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with EDIUS 4

This is the problem with our Edius 4 whenever we are trying to start it, it will show us this message EDIUS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Send or Not Send Please Help us.

we search on the forum for the solution but couldn't find it.

We need a whole lot more information than that.

Comment

Re: Prob with Edius 4

As we said yesterday, we were unable to work with EDIUS 4.Whenever we we try to start it,it will not and the following message will pop up EDIUS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Send or Not Send.Since this is our first time of using EDIUS we really don't know what to do.The following is the specification of our system and the EDIUS 4.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, Pentium (R) D CPU 3.41GHz, Memory 2.00GB.

The Motherboard P5K/EPU Specification summary:
      LGA775 socket for Intel (R) Core tm2 Quad/Core tm 2 Extreme/Coretm2 Duo/Pentium(R) Extreme/Pentium(R) D/Pentium (R) 4 Processors. Supports FSB 1333/1066/800 MHz.

CHIPSET: Intel(R) P35/ICH9 with Intel(R) Fast Memory Access Technology.
      MEMORY: 4x DIMM, max. 8GB, DDR2 *1066/800/667MHz, non-ECC, un-buffered memory. Dual channel memory architecture.

EXPANSION SLOTS: 2x PCle x 16 (blue @ mode, black @ x4 or x1 mode), 2xPCle x1, 2x PCi 2.2.
      STORAGE: Southbridge. 4 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s port

LAN: Marvell 88SE6102 PATA controller
      1 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices

Audio: Realtek ALC883 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
      supports Enumeration, Multi-streaming technologies
      -Coavial S/PDIF out port at back I/O

Comment

Problem with EDIUS 4

Just a guess. Upgrade Windows to service pack 3.

Comment

WHich version of EDIUS 4 are you running?
          Steve
          EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Can upgrade to EDIUS 4.61? Get to Canopus website and download the update. You have to register yourself first before you can get access to the link.
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

We're using Canopus Edius Version 4.5

Comment

Can you download 4.61 and upgrade your EDIUS? Has EDIUS 4.5 ever been working before on this computer? If yes, what have you changed then?
                TingSern
                --------------------------------------
                Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Nothing has been changed

Comment

I would suggest :
                    1 uninstall edius
                    2 Unistall thirdparty stuff.
                    3 Insert dongle
                    4 install 4.5
                    5 update to 4.61
                    Steve
                    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Frames Dropping

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
                      I would suggest :
                      1 uninstall edius
                      2 Unistall thirdparty stuff.
                      3 Insert dongle
                      4 install 4.5
                      5 update to 4.61
                      Thanks 4 the support u give me, my edius now it's working. But when am trying to capture my frames is dropping, i have attached the bmp file for further necessary action and advice pls. thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

your bmp looks fine, it is simply saying that the files are divided at camera start and stop points, this is normal if you have set that up in application settings, deck settings

there you can change to get a continuous file

I prefer a new file with every camera start/stop, it make sense for editing
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

wat do u mean by "I prefer a new file with every camera start/stop?" antonsvideo, sorry am new in editing with edius

Comment

Edius has the capability to detect where the camera operator pushed start and stop

Edius can then create a new file for each start stop sequence, this is enabled in your case and my case and I like it like that, example: camera start, close up of beer bottle opening, camera stop, now I have a clip in the bin of the beer bottle opening, I don't need to find it by scrubbing through a large clip of the whole tape

if you rather have one file of the whole capture, go to application settings, deck settings, and untick all the divide options

does that make sense
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
                            X