replied
    Thanks Jerry, sounds interesting,

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Geoff View Post
    Hi StormDave,

I've had E4 running on my 2.66G Quad core using Bootcamp and the results are encouraging. Input is via the generic OHCI firewire so I'm interested to know how things would pan out with the NX and expansion boards fitted. At the moment I have just a single 500G media drive and as the other two fitted in the system are used in a RAID for FCP. Also, I'm wondering if just having the Windows XP OS loaded on the machine and configuring the three internal, non-OS drives as a RAID would give me better real time performance. This would, of course mean that I loose Final Cut Studio 2, so I'm of two minds as to which way to go!

Look forward to hearing about your experience.

Geoff
    Check this link out:
    http://www.barefeats.com/quad07.html

That has several stats that you may find interesting.

Leave a comment:

• peterC
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Hey Geoff, I will be doing this very same thing very soon. I asked the same question, but it seems that nobody has done it yet, but of course I will let you guys know of the result. :)
    Toe still a little cold, but not leaving the room just yet.......let us know u brave man u.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff
    replied
    Hi StormDave,

I've had E4 running on my 2.66G Quad core using Bootcamp and the results are encouraging. Input is via the generic OHCI firewire so I'm interested to know how things would pan out with the NX and expansion boards fitted. At the moment I have just a single 500G media drive and as the other two fitted in the system are used in a RAID for FCP. Also, I'm wondering if just having the Windows XP OS loaded on the machine and configuring the three internal, non-OS drives as a RAID would give me better real time performance. This would, of course mean that I loose Final Cut Studio 2, so I'm of two minds as to which way to go!

Look forward to hearing about your experience.

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Hey Geoff, I will be doing this very same thing very soon. I asked the same question, but it seems that nobody has done it yet, but of course I will let you guys know of the result. :)

Leave a comment:

• Geoff
    started a topic Edius NX on Mac Pro

Edius NX on Mac Pro

Has anyone fitted the PCI express NX and HD expansion boards in the latest MacPro and, if so, what kind of results areyou getting?

Geoff
Working...
X