Lost external HD monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost external HD monitor

I am in the middle of editing one of our Issues when for some reason i lost the use of my HD Monitor, a 42" plasma display, all the settings within the system look to be correct, and i rechecked my lines from the componant out of the componant out of Edius to the plasma and all is good. My plasma remains in a black screen and seems to want the conection but dos'nt show scrubed video at all. I just started to use the full break out from edius so call me a NUBI! none the less something is wrong....any ideas ?
    Thanks in advance

Check your project settings and make sure you have a correct one selected

Comment

I re-checked the project settings and there the same as they were previous, they are ; generic OHCI HD60Hz (device) and HDCAM/HDV 1080/59i (format) with the rendering format being Canopus HQ AVI and non drop frame.

Ive actually tried and aplied all settings and with no results!

Comment

Originally posted by dive zero video magazine View Post
        I am in the middle of editing one of our Issues when for some reason i lost the use of my HD Monitor, a 42" plasma display, all the settings within the system look to be correct, and i rechecked my lines from the componant out of the componant out of Edius to the plasma and all is good. My plasma remains in a black screen and seems to want the conection but dos'nt show scrubed video at all. I just started to use the full break out from edius so call me a NUBI! none the less something is wrong....any ideas ?
        Thanks in advance
        Use the same cable and plug a HD camera into your plasma if you have one to start narrowing down, if you don't see a picture with the camera then it is your plasma, or make sure your plasma is on the right input.
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
          Use the same cable and plug a HD camera into your plasma if you have one to start narrowing down, if you don't see a picture with the camera then it is your plasma, or make sure your plasma is on the right input.
          K, I tried plugging the FX1 direct to the same input, no change, and yes the input on the plasma is correct.

Comment

So your Plasma is showing black even when you connect an FX1 directly to it? Then your Plasma is the culprit :)

Comment

I re-checked the project settings and there the same as they were previous, they are ; generic OHCI HD60Hz (device) and HDCAM/HDV 1080/59i (format) with the rendering format being Canopus HQ AVI and non drop frame.

Ive actually tried and aplied all settings and with no results!
              Hold up a second..

Are you using EDIUS hardware with HD component output? (e.g. NX or SP)

If that's the case, you don't want your project set to use Generic OHCI - that will not yield component output (since it won't use the hardware).

You need to choose the equivalent project setting that uses (N/S)HX-E(1/2) hardware...

Comment

sorry ,that was a typo, i tried all output settings and that was the last it was set to, i use do the NHX-E2 HD 60Hz setting and incase just retried it, i also use the complete break out kit with the HD componant output.

Comment

sorry ,that was a typo, i tried all output settings and that was the last it was set to, i use do the NHX-E2 HD 60Hz setting and incase just retried it, i also use the complete break out kit with the HD componant output.
                  Like StormDave said, it is not Edius, it is your plasma.
                  I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

well from i see all the inputs work on ther plasma and have worked before on Edius, so i highly dought its the plasma,. Any edius techs in here?

Comment

StormDave is about as "Edius techy" as you'll get......

As you've said the plasma does not work with the pc set up and also does not work with the camcorder, I too would err on the plasma faulty or not set up properly side of the fence.

Graham
                      www.myvideoproblems.com
                      Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Comment

Originally posted by skier-hughes View Post
                        StormDave is about as "Edius techy" as you'll get......

As you've said the plasma does not work with the pc set up and also does not work with the camcorder, I too would err on the plasma faulty or not set up properly side of the fence.

Graham
                        no, the camera DOES work in the plasma inputs!

Comment

Hi, have you checked the internal bridge component cable between the NX or SP cards?

Andy

Comment

no, the camera DOES work in the plasma inputs!
                            It was just a typo on your part, no worries :)

Like AndyW69 said, check to make sure the internal daughter card cable to the main NX board is tightly attached. Also check to see if the 3 component cables (BNC to RCA?) haven't went downhill. Since it's a component connection, at least one color should show since it would be fairly impossible for all 3 cables to break unless you ran over them with a car :)

Try connecting via S-Video (or RCA) for testing purposes to your Plasma, if you get video, and you have done all the above, then something is wrong with the NX daughter card or the cable from the daughter card to the main NX board...or a problem with the main NX board. Also try reinstalling the NX drivers by running the Setup.exe again, then doing a "Repair", it should give you a unsigned driver warning, but press continue. Restart your PC after you do this and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                              It was just a typo on your part, no worries :)

Like AndyW69 said, check to make sure the internal daughter card cable to the main NX board is tightly attached. Also check to see if the 3 component cables (BNC to RCA?) haven't went downhill. Since it's a component connection, at least one color should show since it would be fairly impossible for all 3 cables to break unless you ran over them with a car :)

Try connecting via S-Video (or RCA) for testing purposes to your Plasma, if you get video, and you have done all the above, then something is wrong with the NX daughter card or the cable from the daughter card to the main NX board...or a problem with the main NX board. Also try reinstalling the NX drivers by running the Setup.exe again, then doing a "Repair", it should give you a unsigned driver warning, but press continue. Restart your PC after you do this and try again.
                              Hey stormdave, i did the reinstall and followed the instructions, and low and behold it worked!!, I was ready give up, so thanks everyone for there help!

Comment

Working...
                              X