Edius 5.1 crashes with chromakey filter applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 5.1 crashes with chromakey filter applied

I just did a complete clean install of Edius 5.1. Captured a few HDV 720x1280 clips that were green screened with no problems. As soon as I apply the chromakey filter to the clips on the timeline, Edius crashes. Nothing else is installed on my computer but Edius. Duo core 3 Ghz Intel 945GNT MB. I have 4 Gigs of ram loaded. ATI X1300 video card. Anyone else having this problem?
    Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
    Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

No problem with chromakey.
    Runs without a problem.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Fine here. Are you on XP or Vista (if so 32 or 64)?

Comment

I am on XP SP3. The file is captured as a .m2t. Crash as soon as I apply the filter. I have to check and see if there is anything else that crashes it. With SD I never had a crash.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

You may want to try removing 2GB of RAM to see if that makes a difference. Ordinarily 32-bit versions of Windows cannot address more than 2GB, and some systems are unstable with more than 2GB installed.

The other thing to look into are the video drivers. Make sure you use the most recent WHQL-signed ones available for your card.

Comment

THoff I tried all your suggestions with no luck. I'm scratching my head right now. I have a lot of green screen clips to process, go figure. For now I'll have to use AE or something else. None of the other keyers crash Edius. Could it be the video card? It is an X1300 ATI. Works great with SD. Thanks.

Comment

right click an m2t in bin and convert to HQ, then try chroma key on HQ clip
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thank you Anton and THoff for the help. I got the problem sorted out now. The chromakey filter was crashing Edius with both m2t and HQ files on the timeline. Now I can use the HQ files without crashing. M2t still crashes Edius... But I know why now. It's a known driver issue.

1. I had ATI Radeon x1300 drivers installed. I needed to have VisionTeks x1300 versions installed.

2. Upon reading the "Known Issues" with the latest VisionTek x1300 drivers, I discovered that some types of mpeg2 files will play back corrupted. If VisionTek doesn't fix the problem, I'll have to buy another video card in order to work with m2t files.

3. As Anton suggested, I converted a m2t file over to HQ. Now chromakey filter plays nice, no Edius crashes.

Thanks again!
                Tom

Comment

Argh... Edius is crashing again with the chromakey filter! It let me work with one m2t to HQ converted file. Tried a few other clips after conversion and crash. Now I'm really stumped... Anyone have any more ideas? I'm thinking Edius doesn't like my VisionTek ATI x1300 card for HDV editing. Don't know what else it could be. The latest drivers are installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alter Ego View Post
                    Argh... Edius is crashing again with the chromakey filter! It let me work with one m2t to HQ converted file. Tried a few other clips after conversion and crash. Now I'm really stumped... Anyone have any more ideas? I'm thinking Edius doesn't like my VisionTek ATI x1300 card for HDV editing. Don't know what else it could be. The latest drivers are installed.
                    That would be my best guess. I just don't know any reason why the chromakey filter would make it crash.

Comment

There is a definate bug with 720P footage and chromakey which is being fixed. Only arrived with 5.1/5.11. Sure there will be a fix soon.
                      EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                      Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                      Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                      Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Sounds like Zzzzz then. Maybe wait for 5.2 to be released ....
                        TingSern
                        --------------------------------------
                        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
                          There is a definate bug with 720P footage and chromakey which is being fixed. Only arrived with 5.1/5.11. Sure there will be a fix soon.
                          Is this a confirmed bug with 720P footage that Grass Valley is aware of? It would be real nice to have this filter fixed. I have a lot of green screen interviews to process shortly. David where did you hear this information? Thanks for the information.

Comment

yes, confirmed bug, will be fixed
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I heard on the supplier grapevine. I was not sure how much was official but as Anton says it is official and will be fixed.
                              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                              X