X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to 5.10 says "Version has already expired

Hi,
    We had purchased 4.5, upgraded to 4.6 all OK
    Then we purchased 5.0 upgrade, then patched 5.01 - still all OK.

I then patched up to 5.10, but now it says on application start "This Version has already expired - Buy Now" and go no further.

Tried the "pavedius.dll" removal but that just reports that "this is a different version - Buy Now"

Apart from uninstalling/reformatting hard drive, what can be done.
    (and yes the dongle has been in all the time).

Thanks in advance

Ken

Plug-in your dongle and reinstall the HASP drivers from the 5.1 download.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Thanks, that worked.

Thanks Steve, that woked like a charm.

Comment

You are welcome. :)
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I upgraded from 4.5 to 5 and it worked fine for months, but the message "already expired" comes up for me now since just over a week ago, as well, and installing the hasp driver does not solve it.

Comment

Try putting your dongle into a different slot

Comment

I tried every slot I have (8 of them), and a note in the bottom right showed it was recognizing it each time... "Aladdin Hasp" etc., and "Hardware installed and ready to use", but same thing still. "Already expired".

Comment

Sounds like your dongle may have malfunctioned. Contact GV support

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
                  Sounds like your dongle may have malfunctioned. Contact GV support
                  Actually we did contact them and they sent us their dongle while ours was shipped to them, temporarily. And theirs does not work either. Same thing. Arrggh! :)

Thanks for your effort!

Comment

Then maybe it's not a dongle? Maybe something else in your system affect the installation? Or maybe it's just too many upgrades on upgrades? Maybe it is better to instal a trial 5.10, then dongle, then upgrade to 5.12? Without any 4.x? Or maybe it is better to format HDD and install a fresh OS with Edius on top of it?
                    Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Check your Windows/system32 directory.
                      Is there a "msvcr71.dll"?
                      If this DLL is missing, you will get "This Version has already expired - Buy Now"

Eric
                      Last edited by Eric; 02-05-2010, 06:56 PM.
                      English is not my native language

Comment

I will try a new installation of the 4.5 and then the 5 again. Or would it just need a formatted HDD?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          If this DLL is missing, you will get "This Version has already expired - Buy Now"

Eric
                          That files is there but not in the canopus directories. It is in several other program directories.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Eric
                            I got it working! It was in the windows/system32 directory, but I put that same file in the Edius 5 directory and now it works!

Thanks a million!

Comment

Working...
                            X