Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shueardm
    replied
    It was more a question, a couple of posts above suggested that.
    Nothing could be worse than working with TMP could it.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by shueardm View Post
    The quality of output is foremost in my mind. So, Prodad stuff isn't very good? I have AE CS3- StormDave, what do you suggest as a plugin for AE to do 3D text?
    Mark,
    Are you judging that from use or just the demos on the website?
    The demos on the website are pretty awful. The program has a lot of
    tweaks, not as many as Boris, but I don't see a quality drop. I could do a ripple from both programs and you could not tell the difference.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by shueardm View Post
    StormDave, what do you suggest as a plugin for AE to do 3D text?
    Zaxwerks 3d Invigorator, but it's pretty expensive, but does a great job. See if they have a deal for it.

You can do some 3d in AE already through workarounds, but 3d Invig is a true plugin just for that and lets you import AI files or create new ones. They have both the classic (no built in titler) version and Pro (with built in titler) version.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    The quality of output is foremost in my mind. So, Prodad stuff isn't very good? I have AE CS3- StormDave, what do you suggest as a plugin for AE to do 3D text?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by MasSaRi View Post
    well yeh they Are good products but u have the same plugins as boris also purchase boris for high Quality Effects
    i saw Adorage Transitions well no Quality in them
    Are you talking about Vitascene or Adorage? I have Boris 9 and Vitascene.
    Boris takes forever to render. It does look good, but, I'd rather do that stuff
    in AE with the plug ins. Vitascene, like most filter and transition sets, has good and bad. So does Boris. One difference, I can get real time out of Vitascene on about 90% of the effects that I use. Also, Boris is a little clunky under the Edius banner. Hope that will change in 4.5.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by plasma_video View Post
    2. Some frustrating "What the hecks?"
    3. Long Render times.
    These two are the reasons why I dislike Boris. The containers really made me mad. AE is a much more robust application for me. There are a few plusses for Boris such as native 3D text support, but that all can be done in AE with a few plugins. BCC is a good set of plugins, though, and that's included in Red.

Leave a comment:

• plasma_video
    replied
    I've done some really neat things with FX over the years,but be prepared for:

1. A relatively long learning curve (at least for me).

2. Some frustrating "What the hecks?"

3. Long Render times.

4. VERY high quality output :-)

I too bit on the DJ offer, jumping from V6 to 9. Just got it installed, but haven't had much play time with it yet.

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Junray View Post
    Well the reason I'm asking it's because Digital Juice have them on sale for $149 including shipping. Regular price is $299. I'm just wondering if they are worth purchasing.

JR
    I just ordered Boris FX last night since it's "cheap" and plugs into Edius 4.x too.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• Roy Colquitt
    replied
    Originally posted by MasSaRi View Post
    Boris is a good product
    but i have also a Question what boris blue and what boris Fx 9 are those the same some say yes some say no
    Those who say yes are wrong.

Blue and FX9 different products. Blue is a stand alone package (i.e., does not work as a plug in) that is realtime via select GPUs. The functionality is otherwise similar to Red.

Leave a comment:

• MasSaRi
    replied
    Boris is a good product
    but i have also a Question what boris blue and what boris Fx 9 are those the same some say yes some say no

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you must have BorisFX9 for Edius4 and it shows up at the bottom of transitions (below Xplode) and the bottom of filters (below Video Noise)

for some reason, filters are not sorted alphabetically in Edius, I would like to know why, there must be a logical reason but I have not discovered it
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 06-20-2007, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sascho
    replied
    That's what I thought, but it's not showing up. Is there a way to include Boris manually, or any other way I can fix this?

Leave a comment:

• Solitaire
    replied
    Hi,
    You should find an entry in the Filters and Transitions folders as Boris fx
    You need to drag the entry to your clip and then you can open it and select the required filter / transition
    Keith

Leave a comment:

• sascho
    replied
    The offer sounds very attractive indeed. I downloaded the Boris FX trial last night and installed it including plug-in for Edius. Apologies for the stupid question, but where do I find it now within Edius? I looked throught the entire effects palette and no sign of Boris. Under folder options no change possible either (option is greyed). I am using Edius 4.24. Stand-alone Boris FX seems to work.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Leave a comment:

• MasSaRi
    replied
    well yeh they Are good products but u have the same plugins as boris also purchase boris for high Quality Effects
    i saw Adorage Transitions well no Quality in them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X