Boris FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boris FX

Is anyone using Boris FX? It's suppose to be compatible with Edius. For those who uses it. How do you guys like the product?

TIA,
    JR

well Boris Fx is a Good plugin but on the top of the boris Products is boris Red and Also Boris Continuum complete that some how i managed to make most of the Bcc4 Effects and filters work except some bcc4 lights didnt work with me well maybe it have some dll file to make them work

Comment

Boris FX on sale

Well the reason I'm asking it's because Digital Juice have them on sale for $149 including shipping. Regular price is $299. I'm just wondering if they are worth purchasing.

JR

Comment

well yeh they Are good products but u have the same plugins as boris also purchase boris for high Quality Effects
        i saw Adorage Transitions well no Quality in them

Comment

The offer sounds very attractive indeed. I downloaded the Boris FX trial last night and installed it including plug-in for Edius. Apologies for the stupid question, but where do I find it now within Edius? I looked throught the entire effects palette and no sign of Boris. Under folder options no change possible either (option is greyed). I am using Edius 4.24. Stand-alone Boris FX seems to work.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Comment

Hi,
            You should find an entry in the Filters and Transitions folders as Boris fx
            You need to drag the entry to your clip and then you can open it and select the required filter / transition
            Keith
            Dual 3.06 Xeon, 2Gb memory, NX card, Edius 4.6, Procoder 2.

Comment

That's what I thought, but it's not showing up. Is there a way to include Boris manually, or any other way I can fix this?

Comment

you must have BorisFX9 for Edius4 and it shows up at the bottom of transitions (below Xplode) and the bottom of filters (below Video Noise)

for some reason, filters are not sorted alphabetically in Edius, I would like to know why, there must be a logical reason but I have not discovered it
                Last edited by antonsvideo; 06-20-2007, 11:35 AM.
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Boris is a good product
                  but i have also a Question what boris blue and what boris Fx 9 are those the same some say yes some say no

Comment

Originally posted by MasSaRi View Post
                    Boris is a good product
                    but i have also a Question what boris blue and what boris Fx 9 are those the same some say yes some say no
                    Those who say yes are wrong.

Blue and FX9 different products. Blue is a stand alone package (i.e., does not work as a plug in) that is realtime via select GPUs. The functionality is otherwise similar to Red.

Comment

Originally posted by Junray View Post
                      Well the reason I'm asking it's because Digital Juice have them on sale for $149 including shipping. Regular price is $299. I'm just wondering if they are worth purchasing.

JR
                      I just ordered Boris FX last night since it's "cheap" and plugs into Edius 4.x too.

...Angelo
                      Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
                      System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

Comment

I've done some really neat things with FX over the years,but be prepared for:

1. A relatively long learning curve (at least for me).

2. Some frustrating "What the hecks?"

3. Long Render times.

4. VERY high quality output :-)

I too bit on the DJ offer, jumping from V6 to 9. Just got it installed, but haven't had much play time with it yet.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by plasma_video View Post
                          2. Some frustrating "What the hecks?"
                          3. Long Render times.
                          These two are the reasons why I dislike Boris. The containers really made me mad. AE is a much more robust application for me. There are a few plusses for Boris such as native 3D text support, but that all can be done in AE with a few plugins. BCC is a good set of plugins, though, and that's included in Red.

Comment

Originally posted by MasSaRi View Post
                            well yeh they Are good products but u have the same plugins as boris also purchase boris for high Quality Effects
                            i saw Adorage Transitions well no Quality in them
                            Are you talking about Vitascene or Adorage? I have Boris 9 and Vitascene.
                            Boris takes forever to render. It does look good, but, I'd rather do that stuff
                            in AE with the plug ins. Vitascene, like most filter and transition sets, has good and bad. So does Boris. One difference, I can get real time out of Vitascene on about 90% of the effects that I use. Also, Boris is a little clunky under the Edius banner. Hope that will change in 4.5.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com
                            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

The quality of output is foremost in my mind. So, Prodad stuff isn't very good? I have AE CS3- StormDave, what do you suggest as a plugin for AE to do 3D text?

Comment

Working...
                              X