Box Drawing 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box Drawing 101

How do you draw a box around clips to select them for deletion or such? Every time I tried, my VA track would jump scroll up in its window. I would try to click just outside the upper left corner of the first clip and walla, I would be staring at the audio wave portion of the file.

I guess I should just shift click. I was trying to re-sequence some series of clips. So....I set in and out points and executed Sequence to Bin. Next I think I had to delete the In/Out points. Then I clicked on the sequence in the bin and inserted it at the new position prior to deleting the original clips. Is there a better way (probably)?

If I didn't delete the I/O points, the clip would seem to virtual copy above the original.
    Scott Chapin

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q6700 at 2.66Ghz, Intel® Desktop Board DP35DP,
    6GB DDR2/800 DIMMS, 1TB RAID-0 7,200 RPM,
    GeForce 9600GT PCIe 1024MB

Just set your cursor a bit outside one of the clips and then left click and drag up, down, right or left and your box should follow

If I understand you correctly, I would simply highlight the clips and then use Cut and then Paste to the new spot.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
      Just set your cursor a bit outside one of the clips and then left click and drag up, down, right or left and your box should follow
      I sort of thought that's what I was doing, but space was tight with video in V2. I'll mess with it some more.

If I understand you correctly, I would simply highlight the clips and then use Cut and then Paste to the new spot.
      Duh. I was told yesterday that this project needs to be done right away. I was under the impression that I had until the 24th, so I was in the high speed, non-thinking, cursing mode...LOL.

I think the box dragging failure frustrated me, so I need to revisit it.
      Scott Chapin

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q6700 at 2.66Ghz, Intel® Desktop Board DP35DP,
      6GB DDR2/800 DIMMS, 1TB RAID-0 7,200 RPM,
      GeForce 9600GT PCIe 1024MB

Comment

Working...
      X