Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    I still use Imaginate and had a question last week about a function in the program and found that there was no where to post it.

I also wish this program had some tweeks and updates like the ability to change the time frames of all the pictures before rendering the file.

I render the file then take it into edius with or with out audio. If it is with audio I simply mute it and then add my music in Edius. This way I have more control over the audio.

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    As much as I hate to say this the best solution for Zooming and manipulating graphics is "Ulead Media Studio Pro" I still use version 7 and it's handling of graphics is tremendous.
    I was extremely disappointed with EDIUS handling of graphics and when you want to use them other than static they go all fuzzy.
    By chance or design Canopus HQ plugs into Media studio pro and allows pin sharp graphics to be manipulated especially Zoom without any artifacts or horizontal lines, its a pity for those who do not have a copy as the price is prohibitive around the same as EDIUS and in HI definition the program is completely unstable once more than 10 clips have been been added to the timeline but having come from there to EDIUS it was a pleasure to find some use for wasted money
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    You can still buy Imaginate, though there are no updates on the plan.

Leave a comment:

• storyp24
    replied
    If GV has ceased development of Imaginate then is a new product being released that does the same thing? Can you still buy this product?

Leave a comment:

• JackB
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    Imaginate (Another Grass Valley product) was created just for this and it allows you to move the pictures in 3D space. It is very easy to use, VERY powerful, and plugs in to Edius. You might want to check it out :)
    Thank you for the clarification. The quoted post led me to believe that Imaginate was still a Grass Valley product, and it does appear that it is being sold.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by JackB View Post
    Is there something wrong with the question? Why won't a GV person answer it?
    Because it's correct? Imaginate development has ceased.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    It works with HD size also, I do it all the time.

Leave a comment:

• JackB
    replied
    I may be wrong, but I thought I read here in the new forum somewhere that Imagainate is no longer a current product.

Is this correct? Or is Imaginate continuing to be supported.

I own Imagainate, but have put it away. I was never clear if it will work in HDV1 and HDV2 formats/sizes.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I also work with IVT direct on timeline for short imaginate projects

but when hundreds of stills are involved, I prefer to render out a file from IM2 (easier archiving) which is almost realtime on my system

however, the more I play with IVT direct on timeline, the more I like it, I may scrap the render idea soon

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    you can edit an IVT direct on timeline, right click, open file, IM2 opens, when done save and it is updated
    Sounds wonderful, I would be using HDV like Rusty and this method makes much more sense to me than rendering replacement movies each time the imaginate project is updated, still not sure why you want want to do that Anton, though I expect SD will render very fast.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you can edit an IVT direct on timeline, right click, open file, IM2 opens, when done save and it is updated

I prefer rendering out a video from IM2 (DV format)

Lossless, Uncompressed and HQ export options are broken in the standard def world and cause huge black bars below the exported still

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Claire, you're on the right track. Imaginate and Edius can run at the same time. (Imaginate can run multiple instances too! (cool!))

My experience sez...
    Yes the .ivp files go directly on the timeline and my HD sized Imaginate files playback in RT.

I think I have this figured out, but it works

With an Imaginate file on the timeline...
    Update file in Imaginate.
    Edius timeline & bin now shows file missing.
    Restoration Dialog box opens... choose No.
    Delete from timeline only. (this must be done!)
    In bin, Right-click>Explorer...
    Original file is already selected. Here's where it gets wierd... but okay.
    Drag your file back to the bin (the bin picon updates before your mouse even gets to the bin!) or skip the bin and drag to the timeline!

I see why this product has not completely reached obsolescence. With a few tweaks it could easily beat other products hands-down.

Hope this helped more than confuses, Rusty

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Imaginate changes are not immediately available (incomplete intigration)
    Rusty
    Hmm, so Rusty, if as you say the .ivp file is all that is needed in Edius, which sounds great if this means a render from Imaginate is not needed, then how and when does Edius update it's timeline if the Imaginate project needs to be edited?

Does one have to close and re-open Edius or delete the ivp file and re-import it?

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Good point Claire,

Many folks seem to render a file, But I intend to open the .ivp (Imaginate) files directly within Edius. Each seems to have it's own advantages. My impressions so far...

Rendered files work in all applications.
    have specific time output.
    work with embedded audio.
    can be trimmed.
    work with keyers/transitions.
    lose quality with speed change.

.ivp files work in Edius, but in Im opinion is not fully intigrated (right-click menu>Edit... is greyed out).
    no rendering (why I chose Edius)
    change duration by stretching with no loss of resolution. (speed change not available)
    can contain a single image to use other than the standard Imaginate dissolve transition.
    embedded audio works, with limitations, but is not recommended.
    Imaginate changes are not immediately available (incomplete intigration)
    Beats the the stuffin' of 3d-PnP for image quality.
    What else have I missed???

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post

It is very easy to use, VERY powerful, and plugs in to Edius.
    Could someone kindly explain the method of use between Edius and Imaginate when using this plug-in?

I mean, with the plug-in does it circumvent having to render to a video file from Imaginate and import said file in Edius? (which sounds a pain).

Can you make changes in Imaginate and see them update immediately in Edius?

Thanks..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X